Recommendation for accountant/lawyer in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Bob Mullin, 15th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bob Mullin

Bob Mullin Active Member

Hi everyone

I was looking for a recommendation for lawyer/accountant in inner urban Melbourne to help with the following. I’ve never used an accountant or lawyer before (have always just had pretty simple tax returns). Ideally would be relatively inexpensive but obviously need to get things right.

I was after the following:

- setup a discretionary family trust (sole appointor, appointor can appoint a successor, vests in appointor if they die) with a corporate trustee
    - loan agreement (both 0% and commercial rate) and acknowledgements of gifts;
    - pro forma documents for trust and board resolutions so I can do these myself.

Would this typically be done by an accountant or lawyer?

Also, do you have any recommendation for someone to help my parents to prepare:

- will:
    -- with multiple TTs for each of 3 primary beneficiaries (or if primary beneficiary dead, to their lineal descendants (i.e. 2 children of a primary beneficiary would receive 1/6 of the total assets))
    -- and also another TT for a house to be kept within the family (no appointor, with a corporate trustee owned by the 3 primary beneficiaries, constitution to provide that each beneficiary entitled to appoint a director, shares may not be transferred to a non-lineal descendent of will maker and all decisions have to be unanimous)
    - enduring power of attorney.

Presumably this would be a lawyer?

Cheers,

Bob

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

An accountant couldn't assist with any of that as all is legal advice.

Paul@PAS likes this.
  3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Consider Johnny Ho or John Caravousanos @ HWL Ebsworth Queen St Melb.
    Strong in taxes and estate work. Do a lot of wealth work incl trusts, wills etc

Bob Mullin likes this.