Recommend good PM for Lethbridge Park/St Marys/Western Sydney?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by astigmatised, 28th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. astigmatised

astigmatised New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have a granny flat + main house in Western Sydney currently under management by Raine and Horne St Marys. I've had so many issues with them over the period. They're quite slow to respond and don't provide updates unless I constantly follow up.

For instance, it took them 4 months to lodge an insurance claim and they only did so because I had to keep on their case. It's been difficult getting them to get a second quote for how much it would cost to dig up and replace sewerage pipes which is causing constant blockages. The drains blocked up again and I just went "to hell with it, send in the guys you always send in because you haven't got a second quote". They were supposed to call to give me an update as the works (digging up backyard) are pretty major. Have not heard anything in several weeks.

I have had an ongoing issue in that since management changed over to their hands, I had stopped receiving reimbursement from tenant for water usage. I alerted them to this in Jul15 (at which point I'd already calculated that I had lost $500 in uncollected water usage). Took them two months to get back to me and the response was "we weren't instructed by you to check the water flow meter". How was I supposed to know that I needed to instructed them on how to manage property, which is an area that is not my expertise but is supposedly theirs. No chance of getting any of the $500 back. They then said I needed to tell them that I wanted them to read the separate water flow meter attached to the GF, and it would cost me extra. Fine I said.

I'm doing my spreadsheets now and find that they have paid out two further water bills without seeking reimbursement. That's another $300 they've lost me.

Anyone care to recommend property managers who know how to manage granny flats? They are all over Western Sydney so management of these setups shouldn't be foreign to managers in the area. Also, avoid them at all costs!

Thanks

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi @astigmatised We have properties in the region and will PM you.

Phantom likes this.
  3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Ooooohh dear I'm with that agency. I have noticed they are really slow in getting things done and you have to push them.

And you have to stay on top of everything. Aren't all PMs like that?

4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Century 21 Penrith

5. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Hit up @Nick Valsamis on here @astigmatised we moved our Western Sydney properties over to him after a our old PM started to flag. He's been awesome.

6. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

I notice these franchise operation, the staff turnover is generally 2 years or so. A new staff comes managing your property and hell breaks loose ( or in some situation it gets better )

cstar likes this.