Recommend an accountant for company

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by AM0_Dexter, 23rd May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AM0_Dexter

AM0_Dexter Active Member

While I have an accountant for personal income tax, they are not always the quickest to get a hold of and possibly I need more tailored advice for a business.

Looking to separate concerns, and get an accountant & tax agent that can deal with potential new business/company matters. So, as I found online that not many accountants may have websites where I can easily find them, or online reviews, even. I am not very fond of the idea of driving down numerous main streets to find that talent pool. So, does anyone have some recommendations?

New South Wales preferred.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Websites are a poor way to find any professional competence. That said, some referral etc by members here helps to filter some worthwhile advisers. Referral and word of mouth based on experience helps. It really depends on so many factors. Sounds like being able to get a timely response is important to you. Its a common complaint i hear. I know great advisers who will literally leave a reception desk of reminder messages and others are like me and prefer direct and almost immediate responses if possible. If I am busy with clients they know when I will call them back but they also know I prioritise inbound over outbound and always take a call or email and they even have my mobile. Worst case is a afternoon reply or request to call and discuss things. The team here co-ordinate things using VERY good systems so I know and dont leave people wondering. Commonly they may be told - ring him at 3pm etc. And we dont bill minor queries by phone or email. Its an element of the services we give.

That said I recently had someone who I told I wasnt interested in assisting since they insisted I be on call and ready when they call. And it wasnt like it was a huge fee client. I cant possibly promise that. How would a client I am speaking to feel ?

Location these days doesnt matter much. I have clienst across the country and overseas. Technology is a key element of how we work. Just wrapped up a job for a client in HK literally mins ago. Havent seen him in years but will in July.

3. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member

a reception desk full of messages...think i know who that is

Paul@PAS and Terry_w like this.