recommedations for handyman in Point cook VIC

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Veech, 9th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Veech

Veech Well-Known Member

Hi PC community,

Appreciate If you have can recommend reliable handyman in Point cook VIC.
    @melbournian

Below is the quote I received from the PM agency handyman which seemed rather high at $1500 for the job. Currently waiting for the itemised quote but rather get some one else to do the work.

1. Cut back yukka plants from front garden and and remove garden waste
    2. remove two blinds and disposal
    3. sand back and re-stain timber sliding doors

Expecting 2 hrs for cutting yukka plants, 1 hr for going to tip for disposal, 1 hr for bunnings trip and 4-5 hrs for sand and restain or about a days work. Am I in the ball park for the estimates that this job shouldn't cost more than 500-600?

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

Your best bet and I believe is to use Airtasker

Not only does it allow you to negotiate with the person doing the job but also no money is exchanged outsides of payment made on ur credit card through the system. There is also a rating on the user or Airtasker performance which u can use as a guide. I have used a few for garbage removals and locksmith so far pretty good

Veech likes this.
  3. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

I am sailing in a same boat. In NSW if it is urgent then tradies cgarge call out fees but in Vic everyone is charging.

I need to get 4 small jobs done and my PM got the quote for approx 500$ and it is not the final quote after this the electrician will scope out the 2 jobs out of 4 and quote again...

No one reply on airtasker and hipages :(

4. Veech

Veech Well-Known Member

I ended up calling some one on serviceseeking. Their charge is 50/hr labour only and the quote is reasonable too.

L3ha7 likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia