recomendation for roof repair in inner west Sydney

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by P j T, 15th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. P j T

P j T Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    trying to find a roofer who will replace two roof valleys that have rusted out and also some pointing and capping repairs.

I have one 'tradie' come out to inspect.

Cop this,
    his quote to replace both valleys came to about $2100 which I think is fair enough. Also needed some pointing repairs and a few tiles replaced. so he added another 5 spot on top to do these various works. OK so $2600. Said this was his cash price! also demanded $500 up front to by the valley replacements and wanted that is cash straight away...sorry I am not in the habit of carrying that kind of readies with me.
    Then advised that if I needed an invoice for the job to add $1000.00 to the total. I did suggest that GST for his invoice would only be an additional $260.00.

Needless to say he did not obtain the job.

2. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

RUN!
    You do not want this Roofer!
    You want your work done within building regs and paying tax.
    Also you want them to have insurance!
    Check their Lisence with Fair Trading.
    pm me.
    I hope this helps

3. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

I used Jack for a water leak at my new place, Cleaned the Valleys, fixed the flashing around my Skylight and cleaned and checked surrounding gutters, did a look around and told me to plan for some repointing in the next few years.

Contact Jack Yuen from the Roofing Professionals Westside

4. housechopper2

housechopper2 Well-Known Member

Would definitely not engage this guy due to asking for money up front. But the price seems reasonable

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.