Recession proof Property Portfolio

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by MTR, 24th Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Peter2013

Peter2013 Well-Known Member

Retail sales came in at -0.1%, much worse than the 0.2% increase economists were expecting.

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So what are saying in a nutshell is cashflowing properties
    In oz this means you need to manufacture cashflow

3. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Not sure what you mean. There are cash flow positive properties readily available.... for example, I’m delivering dual occs in Goulburn now that will potentially generate 18-20k net per annum. I’ve been delivering tidy CF+ results on deals for years now ...

I don’t understand what you mean by manufacturing cash flow .... my stuff runs CF+ right off the shelf :)

Last edited: 3rd Sep, 2019
  4. Peter2013

Peter2013 Well-Known Member

GDP out at just 0.5% for the June quarter. The "Liberal Strong Economy" we voted for at the last election is now growing at the slowest rate since the GFC.

5. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Imagine what it would be if BS and his ALP cronies had been elected!!!

6. mues

mues Well-Known Member

I’m actually thinking of buying my next like this.

7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Actually...the ALP would have done better if they would have not introduced the things aorund Negative Gearing and Franking Credits...it bridge too far.

Scott Morrison and his born agains..are absolute gooses......

8. StunningWill

StunningWill Well-Known Member

Should we be basing' no retail spending' as an indicator of the economy not sending anymore? We are now in a digital revolution. People are buying online at eBay, GumTree, Online shops, FB Marketplace. A lot of these sales happening are not done in the traditional sense and we don't have the data to analyse. Maybe the nation is spending, but just a different way that can't be measured using the old fashion retail way. Maybe we aren't spending as much in retail because we are paying off our mortgagees instead. This is just a general thought.

9. StunningWill

StunningWill Well-Known Member

Do you think we need a new way to measure retail spend. We are in 2019, times have moved on and a lot of people are buying online whether it be brand new or second hand. Where is the data for these purchases?

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia