Reccomend me Employment Lawyer

Discussion in 'Business Accounting, Tax & Legal' started by Goldfiger, 18th Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Goldfiger

Goldfiger New Member

Hi,

Currently speaking with Fairwork in regards to general protections claim with ex employer. I feel bit daunted by the process, and have conference with employer in coming days which has me anxious & could use some help with preparation.

Does any one have any good recommendations for Employment Lawyers in NSW? Side note: I spoke to one today who quoted 4000 dollars to help me prepare, which seems fairly expensive.

Any suggestions would be much obliged. Thank you.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Fair Work matters are quite involved and costly. And that if it gets resolved at an early hearing / conciliation. If it goes to hearing its expensive. Tens of thousands a side. Thats why concillation is strong encouraged. The initial hearing shold guide prospects but sometimes the Commission can be dismissive of issues that are actually important and it can be frustrating to wind up settled later

There are some firms - Maurice Blackurn, Slater & Gordon, Shine & even Gerard Malouf who may act and defer a charge. Since CTP shut down claims by these ambulance chasers many have branched into HR law as its a two stream fee base. Employers and aggreived employees. Usually no win no fee but they are selective for high chance cases that can be settled for $$$. Some judgements may knock you over and will generally include the lawyers fee being paid which snowballs. It can be much cheaper to settle than to defend.

3. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

I use Workdynamic (employer side). Employment law is all they do. Probably not cheap for a one off. As the saying goes good & cheap, choose one.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.