realestate.com.au keyword filter help needed

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by David the Dave, 11th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. David the Dave

David the Dave Member

I'm doing searches for which I'd like to add multiple keywords. On Domain this is no problem. In Filters I simply put commas between each term (I'm happy to share my list BTW if anyone's interested).

In Filters on realestate.com.au however, if I enter more than one term I get no results. I've even tried the good old boolean term "or".

Has anyone found the secret sauce for this?

2. Hebro

Hebro Well-Known Member

What about just using google - suburb, multiple filters, see what happens, sometimes works for me

David the Dave likes this.
  3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I used to do keyword searches but really found better ways. Depends if it is for a PPOR or IP though IMHO.

The Y-man

4. David the Dave

David the Dave Member

Thanks Hebro. I will try that. I was just curious as to whether there's a trick I'm missing within RE.com

5. David the Dave

David the Dave Member

Thanks Y-man. I'm searching for IPs targeting distressed properties.
    Teach me your better ways, oh wise one ;).

6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I only do vic - so not sure if it work(ed) anywhere else - but I uses auhouseprices for properties that were passed in as the starting shortlist and worked from there.

It's all "on hold" now so a new technique will be needed for the current market - but I am sure there will be plenty of distressed.

The Y-man

7. David the Dave

David the Dave Member

Another site to add to my bookmarks. Cheers!

Sadly for many, I can see that there will be many distressed properties on the horizon. I am positioning myself for that time.

8. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I can use multiple but it's not a clever search so it adds them together, ie if I put distressed, mortgagee
    Then it will only pick up listings that have both those terms in there and can't deal it as distressed or mortgagee

David the Dave likes this.
  9. random

random Well-Known Member

l was just gonna ask about this myself but yeah l find RE.com hopeless for searching now, drives ya mad. lt was 50x better 10 years ago

Why is it you can put in some areas and sometimes only get one page when you know there's 100s of properties there.
    And why do you sometimes not even get any at all for another of the same.
    And why if you put in say 5 or 10 areas ,it might only bring up 3 or 4 pages of results when it should be bring up 20 or 30 /
    lt's missing 100s of results even when you don't put on any filters, whats wrong with the piece of crap.

10 yrs ago you could put in 5 or 6 areas from all over anywhere in the country , boom, up they'd come it was brilliant and so easy. Now the piece of garbage is useless. Couldn't imagine wth l'm doing wrong tried everything. Sometimes it does actually work other times same search will do god knows what.
    l find Domain great too but the only thing l find is that it's painfully slow , and when you start clicking on properties it slows down even more. l get that way l dread clicking a property, seems totally bogged down with adds and crap and fancy bits.

Last edited by a moderator: 15th May, 2020