realestate.com.au Is a premium listing in 20th position normal?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Anthony Brew, 2nd Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

I have an ad for a property on realestate.com which the selling agent said is a premium listing, but when I search for houses in that suburb it's in 20th position behind other properties that are not even new. This is within a days of the listing going up. He has assured me that it is set as premium and that 'as soon as we listed it the cycle of the other properties would of kicked in' which is what pushes it down.
    Does anyone know if this is normal/correct or have an information on how it works? Seems odd to me.

2. Ricki barkham

Ricki barkham Well-Known Member

No premium should be on top of first page

Zoolander likes this.
  3. jazzsidana

jazzsidana Well-Known Member

Even I am keen to find out the answer to this one!!..

However, makes sense for it to be on the top unless other 20 are premium listings too..

Cheers,

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

It cant always be at the top of the first page if there are twenty or more other premium listed ads. I've seen suburbs with three pages of Premium ads.

5. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about rea. But domain add a number of upsell products. "Featured" listings would stick to the top in a carousel. You pay for your share of view. Then premium listings will then rank after that, typically in order of listed date, but other facets play apart in the rank. Then it was something like elite and standard. If you are premium, you should only have premium listings rank above you.

6. neK

neK Well-Known Member

7. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

Yeah I suppose that's it.
    Well that sux.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia