Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Real estate marketing

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Leewei, 14th Jul, 2016.

1. Leewei

Leewei Well-Known Member

I had a tough time deciding on the proper sub-forum to post this to. It's not related to property investment yet somewhat related to property. Anyway, I would like to hear from everyone their thoughts on real estate marketing. Currently, the standard model of marketing is to pay for different sized ads and listing placement. What are your opinions on a pay-per-lead model? That is, you (vendor) only pay when an interested buyer/tenant enquires on your property. Your property is free to list online. The cost of a lead can also vary depending on the price of the property that is being sold/let for.

Zoopla tried it out in the UK back in 2009. I'm not sure if it is still being implemented or if it is still effective.

Last edited: 14th Jul, 2016
  2. Skilled_Migrant

Skilled_Migrant Well-Known Member

Who is you ? The agent or the vendor. Does the cost get transferred to the buyer ?

Kinda counter intuitive. The longer the property sits on the market, the more you pay. So you are loosing money on top of not making money.

IMHO Pay-per-lead is more suitable for volume play and even that has drawbacks
    How Pay-Per-Lead Marketing Can Ruin Your Business | SalesAndMarketing.com

3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I think if we used a "pay by lead", where the agent bears all the costs of advertising etc, the real estate agent would have to have complete autonomy on how they price and present the house - with the owner having very little say.

4. Leewei

Leewei Well-Known Member

Apologies. I'll edit it for clarity. "You" in this sense refers to the vendor. Not the agent. In this format, you are no longer paying for the duration of your listing. Instead, you (vendor) are only paying when your agent receives leads.

5. Leewei

Leewei Well-Known Member

The vendor will bear the cost of the advertising, not the agent. What are your thoughts on that?