Real Estate Agent - Dishonesty

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by shreko, 12th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Curious to know: how do you know the feedback was for Friends 1-4? Could there been other interested parties?

The Y-man

2. shreko

shreko Well-Known Member

Good Point. If I recall correctly, the marketing contract actually had a different business name to the Agency Franchise and the Principle. Clever Clever.

3. shreko

shreko Well-Known Member

The feedback sheet he gave me had the names of the people on it.

The Y-man likes this.
  4. Lemonade

Lemonade Member

My agent has done nothing but tell bs!! House went to market was way over priced would never sell at listed price! He supposedly showed someone through a couple of weeks after it was listed after asking my neigbour I now know this was bs too! They send me reports of how many enquires they have had & without any doubt this is bs after reading comments left by people supposedly enquiring. Also failed to send any reports from listing on Domain as they have apparently had technical issues for three weeks! I'm unfortunately locked in with this agent for another eight weeks & have already given notice & I will be finding another agent! Hopefully my next agent wont be as dishonest as this one![/QUOTE]

5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Did you agree to the asking price first?

How does your neighbour know exactly what has been happening?

6. Lemonade

Lemonade Member

Yes I initially agree to the price but after researching prices in my area realized it was over price so I asked agent to put my estimated price range. My neighbour is a sticky beak!!! She was home saw the agent told me he was in my home alone he never went outside no one else was here as there is limited parking they would have had to park in driveway! Are you a realestate agent?? Sounds like you are defending these people when I don't think one is any better than the other! How the hell they can go to work & tell bs to people all day is beyond me! Sad life!

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

You have the option of taking the matter to a tribunal for the agency contract to be terminated if they have refused to do so voluntarily. If you are so confident of these allegations a tribunal is a great place to disclose them.

8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Refuse to pay...have fun at their expense...it is costly to litigate.......:p

If that does not work..look up knee caping.

9. Qdog

Qdog Active Member

Good advice champ!

10. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Your going to sell it yourself then?

11. Lemonade

Lemonade Member

Maybe!! I gave agent notice today that we'd be going our seperate ways!

12. Lemonade

Lemonade Member

Thanks for the advice Paul will keep it in mind I did find a clause in contract which allows me to give 30 days. I definitely wont be bullied by the agent his emails were almost intimidating.