Real costs of owning a negatively geared rental property?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Alex123711, 29th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Agree to some extend but how do we then explain certain locations then like Manhattan or NYC or the most expensive places in Hong Hong, etc...?
    Overall if we look at median prices in Australia, this may be true but what if we look only at premium suburbs or spots?
    As for comparison below it would be worthwhile to say check and compare most expensive cities or RE and compare what the median prices are there to their relative incomes (just out of interest...what do you think?)
    Manhattan.PNG

2. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

15.8pc compounded in Manhatten is pretty a steep growth
    Do you have the HK growth ?

3. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Looks to be that Australia has more millionaires than America, according to this report
    It looks to be Australia has more millionaires than America at 1.16million compared to just 400,000 in the US circa 2017 according to this report.

This could be attributed to the wealth being tied up in property though, and with lending restrictions in Australia how they are, unless they are earning the income to support the borrowing of money to purchase property, then they have to sell to unlock said equity.

If I play my cards right with CF+ and debt reduction, I know I am safe if values don't increase above inflation.
    If values do increase due to housing doubling every 7 years, then it's a win/win in my books.