Reading/Education Advice

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by bradleee16, 16th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bradleee16

bradleee16 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Fairly new to this forum despite being a frequent reader.

I'm looking for some suggestions, hopefully, around some reading and/or research materials for educating myself a bit more on property, taxes and finances. I have two IPs and have preapproval for my third (getting ready for hopefully some good buying options). I'm currently 24 and my salary is my my main income.

I'm pretty confident with project management & financial topics (Bachelors in Engineering & MBA) but really wanting to be able to apply it to the real world, they really don't teach this stuff at uni. I'd like to read up on financial structures so I can understand trusts, companies, etc. in the Australian landscape and how they can be used in property and how they affect taxes and borrowing power. I want to be prepared to move to that 'next step' in my investing life.

Property related books I've already read income Yardney's book on taxes & finances and Residential Property Developmeny from Forlee.

My goal is to ultimately amass (hopefully) a fairly large portfolio.

Thank you in advance for your help and all the useful information I've seen everyone sharing on this forum!

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Skip the books and just read the forum.