Closed Re ordering threads according to number of likes

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by See Change, 25th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

We can re-order threads on a forum according to the number of views .

Is it possible to do this according to the number of replies and likes a thread generates ?

Cliff

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Yes!

You can just click on the column headings to sort by replies and views - as I'm sure you've already worked out ...

2015-06-26_10-45-31.png

... but a hidden trick is that you can also sort by the number of likes that the first post in the thread has received - click the "Thread Display Options" at the bottom of the thread list:

2015-06-26_10-47-07.png

Gockie likes this.
  3. Catalyst

Catalyst Well-Known Member

Thanks Sim.

I just gave it a go. Click into each forum to set up the sorting of threads.

4. Simon Hampel

Note that these settings aren't sticky - once you refresh the page, they will be lost

5. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Actually I hadn't . Because both displayed their numbers in the column under the heading " views" , I haven't realised clicking on the column to the left changed the order in the adjacent column .

To me that wasn't an obvious assumption

In somersoft , the numbers were displayed in a column under the appropriate heading , so it made sense to click on that column to re -order them .

Is it possible to put the " likes " in a column . There are so many threads that's impossible to check them all and if was obvious a thread was generating lots of likes , it makes it worthwhile to check it out .

Is there a way to sort in terms of total likes a thread generates as sometimes the OP isn't the one of greatest significance .?

Cliff

Gockie likes this.
  6. Simon Hampel

I'm not sure it's worth the extra clutter to do that in the regular forum view.

However, I guess we could implement an overall listing of most liked threads.

Not currently - but again, I guess we could implement that as an option for the previously mentioned overall listing of most liked threads.