Re doing Data cabling . Cabling company or Electrician . Sydney's North Shore

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by See Change, 29th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

We're about to renovate our house Step by Step . First step involves moving our old study from one end of the house to the other and turning it into a New Bathroom.

The old study is where our internet router and hub is with cabling going from this room to basically most rooms around the house . We want to stay with cabling within the house so we need to close this down and move it to the New study which is at the other end of the house and then make sure everything is connected appropriately with a patch bay

One thing is the Optical cable Cable into the house does come in to where the New study is .

Do we need to involve Optus ( our cable company ) in doing this in-terms of relocating where the initial connection to the router comes in ?

Should we use a Cabling company or an electrician to do this ? If either is ok , is one cheaper ?

Assuming a cabling company is ok , any recommendations ?

2. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    These guys did our recent reno and they were excellent. I had multiple quotes and these giuys were sharply priced...but most importantly they always turned up and they always did what they said they would. Couldn't fault them.

Wi-Fi | Data Intallation | IP Installs - Sydney

We had them do all the lighting and all the data. They installed 20+ data points throughout the house as well as Ubiquiti Wifi throughout , all back to a garage server/switch

The actual tech who did most the work at ours has moved on but I still use him for electrical jobs on any of my INV properties , and I refer him to any friends or family who want work done... so if you want his details PM me

3. TSK

TSK Well-Known Member

Are non electron allowed to run power for lights??

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

No requirements If it's low voltage, plugged into a gpo.

5. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    These guys were all qualified electricians