RBA Suggests Review of NG Laws

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Phantom, 16th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Blaming politicians, speculation, lower yields NG etc etc is a futile and pointless exercise. I promise you.

There are those who love to whine. And then there are those who are enjoying fine wine at the whiner's expense. That's the reality. It aint gonna change. I'd rather the path of fine wine myself.

Perthguy and Bayview like this.
  2. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I don't understand these numbers.

How can you get 300% off asking price?

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I think its an attempt at being facetious :D

Guest likes this.
  4. Timkot

Timkot Active Member

The simple fact is, when you do the figures up and remove negative gearing but still tax the gain, you will find that the vast majority of properties (standard house and land type thing) simply lose money, or at best only keep pace with inflation over time. Make sure you take into consideration long term inflation etc and all the costs.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Removing negative gearing only pushes out when deductions can be made, it shouldn't make much difference over the long term for many investors.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I think that argument has more truth to it in the short and medium terms IF the dwelling bought was not bought well. Once you get to long term of well located dwellings in good demand, rents inevitably increase and the CG on those dwellings will far exceed inflation and holding costs.

That's why it is SOO important to buy properties in areas with good fundamentals, preferably with room to add value, and also bought at a good price!

juzzy likes this.