Rate the Guru

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by MTR, 20th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Get a bit of this

25 ys old has a 80 k job, but 1 or 2 mill loose cash in the bank

ta
    rolf

Robbo80 likes this.
  2. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Not something you see everyday but you never know.

MTR likes this.
  3. Robbo80

Robbo80 Well-Known Member

This is actually quite common in Melbourne. Melb uni is arguably the no.1 pick for Chinese/Malay/Singaporean/Indo students. They pay a whopping fee so usually come from well off families. Also one child policy helps concentrate the wealth.

4. lixas4

lixas4 Well-Known Member

I concur. Im a melb member, love going to the monthly meetup. The content is great, but half the fun is after in the bar.

5. datageek

datageek Well-Known Member

'Relatable' doesn't make an expert property investor, it makes an expert at marketing to property investors.

I rate based on track record. Some of those you mentioned have appalling records. Hopefully they've improved their methods over recent years.

6. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

I talk about relatable in the context of the everyday investor who have average incomes. I know that most of people who are against the views of say a Margaret Lomas are the ones who promote inner ring suburbs of the 3 major capital cities. They talk about the evidenced based historical 7.5 percent YOY growth suburbs. That’s all good but you need to be on a very high income and be prepared to fork out a large proportion of the debt out of your own finances and hope that you can re invest based on your equity. That is out of the reach of most people nowadays.
    However I am interested in which gurus you think are good and why.

7. Phill74

Phill74 Well-Known Member

DO NOT go anywhere near cashflow capital. Sprukers of the worst kind.

Made my first and worst property mistake by buying off them my first IP. Wasn't till house (in a new house and land package in regional QLD) was almost finished I figured out their capital growth projections were based off Australia wide 15 year average growth figures, and weren't based on the actual property or area expectation. Also they registered the property with counsel incorrectly, resulting in a lower valuation than if registered correctly - their solution, ignore my emails and calls. Stay away at all costs.

spoon and MTR like this.
  8. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

The wealth conversion rate between China and Australia is one of their shoe box apartment would buy a house in Australia. Those I know usually give their kids 3 things once started uni in Australia: A fully paid apartment/townhouse, a brand new car and a big credit card. I should have been born in one of those families. :D

Robbo80 and MTR like this.
  9. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

That's why I think in a lot of these discussions, a missing element is either study hard and get into a money printing career, or venture out to do something which will give you a good cash flow. Either way is sweat, blood and taking on higher than average risk. And not always eventuate.

10. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Who remembers Hans Jakobi?

How To Be Rich & Happy On Your Income
    How Real Estate Investment Can Work for You
    Due Diligence Made Simple
    Cash Cows - How To Create Extra Sources of Income

Hans Jakobi bounces back to freedom – Bundaberg Now

A Bundaberg grandad has come out of retirement after 11 years to inspire Aussies to Bounce Back to Freedom after COVID-19 with a road trip from Bundaberg to Darwin from 13 July to 25 October.

Author of seven books, Hans Jakobi, 66, has gone from being suicidal and surviving multiple tragedies, including three serious bushfire threats to his home and an eight-year drought, to being a successful businessman and funding his own retirement at 55.

Spiderman and Terry_w like this.