Rate the Guru

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by MTR, 20th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Helen who??

2. Joeisagun

Joeisagun Well-Known Member

Helen Collier-Kogtevs From your original post

3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So she has reinvented herself, they always do

She recommended mining towns that went pear shaped, many investors lost money

Have a search I think you will find a few threads on her

Serveman likes this.
  4. Joeisagun

Ha, when I saw her at Uni it was like 9 years ago and I remember her saying don’t do thing like invest in mining towns.

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Right, I am pretty she loaded up and got burnt as well as clients

6. Joeisagun

Just read. 15 properties in a mining town.. that’s nuts. Makes sense the website hasn’t been updated in a few years

7. Apollo

Apollo Active Member

Have sat through a lot of guru’s seminars. Not for personal interest but in assisting people who have been caught out with outrageous promises of riches. If you are interested in property development I could hand on heart recommend Rob Flux. I sat through one of his webinars expecting to hear a lot of the nonsense I have heard from others. Was really pleasantly surprised. Where I expected him to gloss over things he didn’t. You would want to be really interested in learning and committing good amount of time to development as a business - not a route to instant riches. But I have confidence that his programs add value to those who participate. My BS radar is very active. It wasn’t triggered by Rob.

lixas4 likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Had a laugh today, got an email from Spiro Kladis

make $40,000 in 8 weeks

Surprising these guys are still around

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Any updates on Nathin Birch anyone??

10. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I've been listening to his live updates. He seems very happy with current environment. Talks a lot about hyperinflation which I'm still trying to get my head around fully, and what should I be doing now to make the most of the current situation.

Last edited: 19th Oct, 2020
    MTR likes this.
  11. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

He was trying to buy 50,000 second hand solar panels in a solar facebook group a few months ago. I don't think it went anywhere.
    Hopefully, it did though, the more solar the better, even it is by a person like him.

MTR likes this.
  12. Burramys

Burramys Well-Known Member

Is there a list of gurus that have fallen out of favour? I can vaguely recall a person in a property magazine who had a good property portfolio, only to have it fall in a heap with cashflow or other problems. Another so-called expert was shown to be nothing of the kind. Then there's people like Henry Kaye, still apparently in business.

13. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

I would suspect that any guru that constantly promoted inner ring suburb investing in the 2 largest cities and denigrating the outer and smaller cities in Australia.
    I would also suggest that these same people were pushing expensive properties at the expense at the ability to hold property in times of falling values and tenancy vacancies, but I guess it depends on your risk profile.

14. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

....but wouldn't this be a temporary setback though, do you think long term outer and other suburbs or regional will perform better? If one plans never to sell?
    Challenges will happen when things happen out of our control.

15. Serveman

I thought about this and my view is that the two major cities in Australia ( Sydney/Melbourne) have property values well out of reach for most home buyers and investors in the inner ring. You compound these very high prices with the globalist politics which has put pressure on wages to stay low and the therefore I think, most people will either become renters in these areas and investors in other cities and regions.
    Lot of the buyers who are buying the inner city properties are overseas multi millionaires.

spoon and BunnyXiao like this.
  16. Serveman

Just my view, but I find gurus such a Margaret Lomas, and Simon Presley and Terry Ryder more relatable to the everyday investor.

Pingu1988 likes this.
  17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I dont have a list, but some are known here that fell on their sword, Steve Navra comes to mind

What amazes me is some of these gurus are like ever ready batteries, they just keep coming back

Serveman likes this.
  18. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

This is their business. Selling a bright and innovative idea "at the time" so you pay for their seminars/products/books etc. One can always teach an "old trick" to a "new dog":D

MTR likes this.
  19. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Is this an opinion or a fact? Show me the numbers...please?
    I thought prices in those or other areas increase for number of other factors, such as limited supply, higher earning incomes (permit more borrowing), proximity to work, or such amenities or aspects why more are attracted to live there?

20. Robbo80

Robbo80 Well-Known Member

Definitely visable on the ground in Melbourne. Every second listing has an agent that can speak Chinese attached to it. This is probably why certain suburbs in Mel and Syd are so out of whack with the rest of the country - Asian money. The trend is (1) buy a safe apartment for my kid to live in close to work and uni and community (2) kid gets PR/Citizenship finds areas with good school zone and buys 3 bedder there so they can start a family and have space for when parents visit.

spoon likes this.