Ranking Each Cap City's Lowest Socio-Eco Areas

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by C-mac, 29th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. lost nomad

lost nomad Well-Known Member

For Canberra, what about the Tuggeranong area?

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

interesting post. i actually been to suburbs for auctions and inspections.

- Melbourne's Sunshine & surrounds
    I don't think it is any longer associated with low socio-eco. There are properties now breaching 1mil and 800Kish and further. The distance to the CBD is a major attraction and everywhere you go there seems to be a new townhouses build etc. I would say this suburb is better than braybrook. Very large vietnamese and also indian demographics (which is good) as these guys can work as IT consultants or Accountants and moonlight in uber, cleaning or taxi drivers. know a few guys who work like 70-90 hours a week to save money to pay off their home

- Melbourne's Frankston North and surrounds
    Back in late 90s, early 2000s till today, there were saying this would a boom suburb with footscray. Unfortunately, it really hasn't materialized after nearly 20 years. it's sister suburb Mt eliza which i have lived instead has grown. With the new station train works in melbourne, there is no longer an express train to CBD which is pain as now you are going to spend 1.5 hours stopping station by station and nepean highway with the multitude of .I have colleague who lived there and has sold up after the train works started as he rather spend more time elsewhere than on a train. The demographics is quite rough there, fights happen a lot near the train station and really i don't see much change in the overall township, it's still the same with limited changes.

- Sydney's Mount Druitt / St Marys / Whalen etc.
    Went there - i think Mt Druitt is much better than logan or sunshine. May have it's social issues but that Asian fish market is vibrant very similar to footscray in melbourne and seems like business is thriving for some of the shops. You can work in multinational companies which majority are in Sydney or Melb and still stay in Mt Druitt.

- Brisbane's Logan rougher areas (Central, Woodridge, Slacks etc.)
    You can see by the number of vacancies and complaints by individuals on this forum either 2 months no tenants, lower rents. I personally went there and discovered a very big pacific islander population (highest in qld) which are the lowest median incomes in the state. Maybe cashflow wise it is really cheap but growth wise - i'm not too sure. Someone pointed out a really funny stats that it grew like 66% since the 2003 or something. my meal in restaurant doubled in price since 2003. you could have bought just about anything in 2003 and see growth by now. A real stat is like a place in preston victoria in 2000 was 178K and sold 1.2 mil in 2013.

3. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

@Jennifer Duke there could be a story in interviewing the on-the-ground general duties officers with Mt Druitt Police to gauge their feelings about the areas behavoural issues and how they may be addressed.

I'm sure they will come up with some innovative solutions and some positive community contributions.

They also might be able to assist in helping your noisy neighbours to STFU and assist @datto in some tips on improving his pinball expertise (and drinking his beer...)

Jennifer Duke and datto like this.
  4. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

It was 66% in one year alone in 2003 according to PriceFinder.

5. melbournian

what was the median price back ? presumingly i didn't look below 100K,as i was stll in uni back then. assumingly it is 80K 66% would make it 52K.but if you put the time dimension at 13 years what is then?

6. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

This Post

HUGH72 likes this.
  7. melbournian

thanks. so really 135K to 310K in 13 years. a total of ard 175K or 129%.
    For 13 years, i would still prefer to look for suburbs which has the potential to demonstrate a substantial jump similar to the property below 178K - 1.28 mil a total of 1.1mil growth in 14 years. this suburb was like a similar suburb to mt druitt back in early 2000s.

upload_2016-7-11_16-57-54.png

8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Richardson/Chisholm?

9. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

of all the struggle streets you have listed, I would say the sydney areas (druie and Liverpool) would be my mumber 1 pick....if no absolutely no other reason than it be being tied to sydney..but as long as its a long term hold.