Rangehood - no outlet

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by hvdw87, 4th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Would greatly appreciate some advice regarding options with my existing rangehood. We have recently moved into the property and during cleaning I noticed the the rangehood has no external outlet (see pics).

My thoughts were to retrofit something over the vent at the top of the cabinets and then run that off at 90 degrees and penetrate through the brick veneer wall to outside.

Safe to say we are limiting use of the hob at the moment and when using it, keep the rangehood off and windows open!

Attached Files:

2. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

Many range hoods have a recirculation mode which does not require external ducting. Read the manual (usually available on line if lost). It may require replacement of filters and certainly regular cleaning of the filters.

Stoffo likes this.
  3. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark! We used it once and it stunk out the whole house. Will look for the manual.

4. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

As per Mark's reply, in recirculating mode you need to have carbon filter(s) in place. On the hoods I've installed, these are not included in the box; you need to buy them separately.

5. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

OK thanks. The filter in there currently just appears to be a standard woven steel mesh one. Probably still needs a thorough clean.