Rangehood - fixed, retractable or canopy?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Mavis, 28th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Mavis

Mavis Well-Known Member

Hello, our existing rangehood is old and going kaput.. with the EOFY sales happening I thought it might be worth looking at getting it replace.

Current rangehood is fixed under cupboard style. I know that if it gets replaced, the height will need to be readjusted which means the cupboard needs to go. Wondering if anyone has had experienced with a canopy style (recirculation - as I do not believe it connects to an external exhaust) ? I'm thinking it would be easiest to remove rangehood and cupboard (this currently isn't really used) and just replace with canopy rangehood. And eventually cover with a glass splashback to avoid having to re-tile, etc..

Thoughts?

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Any of the above is fine. Personally I like whatever the range hood you choose, to be vented to the outside via some ducting.

Mavis likes this.
  3. Mavis

Mavis Well-Known Member

Thanks Alan, I don't know if that is a possibility without quite abit of reno work.. will need some investigative work!

4. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Definitely get a ducted setup if possible. Price definitely pays for quality with rangehoods too - extraction level + noise reduction is key, otherwise you'll end up with a rangehood which sounds like a ww1 era bi-plane.

Mavis and wylie like this.
  5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

My folks have an island cooktop and have no rangehood:eek: yep true story. Then. ...For the vent they have an exhaust fan above, on the ceiling and wait for it. ... No fancy ducting! Just straight into the cavity:eek: some people may have kittens after reading this and for that i apoligise :p
    It does the job and was always on the things to do list but has served them well

Mavis likes this.
  6. Mavis

Mavis Well-Known Member

Noooo ! Heeheee ...

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia