R3 Zoning Lake Macquarie

Discussion in 'Development' started by JT_85, 25th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JT_85

JT_85 Member

Hi All

Looking at a block with a 2 bedroom house in Charlestown (lake Macquarie) block is 683m2 but only has a frontage of 13m.

I would be looking to develop within 2 years. what would be the best approach for this block

thanks in advance

josh

2. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

frontage 15m would be better to develop at least in newcastle city council. I heard lake mac is even more fussier regarding development

3. JT_85

JT_85 Member

yeah i know ay 15m would be ideal 18m and i would be laughing

4. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

The best approach would be to watch it get smaller and smaller in your rear vision mirror as you drive away. Lake Macquarie is not easy to deal with at the best of times. Either that or see if you can consolidate your block with a neighbour

Dsign likes this.
  5. JT_85

JT_85 Member

thanks for the advice.

6. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Hi @Propertunity,
    I'm looking at a property in the LakeMac LEP that is over 1000m2 in a R3 zone, with a 26m frontage, 23m width, 900m2 min lot size.
    Its in a vegetation buffer zone for BAL, no flood zoning.
    What would be your recommendations, could much be done on it? Who might I talk too about a feasability? I havent done townhouses or anything of the like before.

Regards,
    Arc

7. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Speak to a town planner about general DCP rules or download the DCP guide and read through it.

Then speak to an architect or townplanner - if you can't find any recommendations then you can scroll through approved DA's and contact those architects as they would be familiar with the council DCP and staff.

Propertunity likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia