Quote $1500 for green waste removal

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by PropertyInsight, 4th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. PropertyInsight

PropertyInsight Well-Known Member

My previous tenants moved out and new tenants moved in. The previous tenants left a huge amount of green waste. New tenant who is also aborist quoted $2000 to remove green waste. My property manager obtained another quote of $1500 and I obtained a quote of $600.

My tradies hires a skip and put the green waste. This morning, tenants refused to let my tradies to leave skip at property over 1 night with an accuse that it blocks the driveway and she cannot move the car out.

My property has plenty spaces. The skip can stay on the grass without blocking cars. Do you think the tenants reasonable or they just made difficult for me to get this job for themselves?

Would you think $1500 to remove green waste reasonable or rip-off. I saw green waste in the photos, it is about less than 1 truck.

Can I request PM to deduct this from previous tenant bond? They did not keep the property in the good conditions. PM said conditional report has no photos of lawn and garden. However, neighbour and myself know the garden and lawn had been very neat and well maintained before previous tenants moved in.

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

It’s the PM’s job to take photos for the ingoing report.

3. Propertunity

Yes, but I suspect that your PM has probably signed the bond forms to release funds to the previous tenant already.

4. Propertunity

Why does it have to be left overnight? Just get delivery and pickup done the same day.

5. PropertyInsight

PropertyInsight Well-Known Member

I have found a tradies who can pickup and done the job on the same day. They quoted $170 per truckload. Bond has not released yet.

Propertunity likes this.
  6. neK

neK Well-Known Member

New tenants sound like a pain in the backside....
    They want the green waste removed, but aren’t willing to let the skip bin stay there overnight....

Sounds like the start of some pretty demanding unreasonble requests.

Joeymoeygreen, wylie and Propertunity like this.
  7. Joeymoeygreen

Joeymoeygreen Member

Hey mate,

$1500 sounds ridiculous along with your Tenants. I run a landscaping/maintenance business and from what you've told me I'd envisage your job would be

4hrs to load @ $70 per hour $280
    1 trailer load to the tip @ $220 total $500
    Even if it was two loads it would be $720.

Propertunity likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.