Quorum achieved... by the ownership of carspaces

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Gockie, 15th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Tonight I went to my first Strata meeting of a property I own. So I spoke with other owners, there would have been about 6 units represented of 36. Appears the block is very heavily investor owned. I ended up landing the Executive Chairperson role. :confused:
    Hopefully it will be a relatively uneventful year.

I did make it clear i'm not going to be the person to contact though if tradespeople need to come onsite!

Anyway, we got to the quorum because most of us there own both a unit and a car space (which is on separate title), and they count the same in terms of having a quorum.... thought that was interesting.

Luke T and Pixie like this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Who held all of the proxies?

Russ likes this.
  3. Gockie

Actually... not sure who to be honest. The strata manager had her roll and I saw some notes against some other people. Last years' EC consisted of 2 groups and one of those owners might have had some.

Personally I dont recall getting notification of last years' annual meeting, but its possible it came when I was in Qld. Still, I would think I remember getting it if that was the case.

4. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Chairperson!

5. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Yeah, Chairperson Gockie......now you can wield a big stick and dictate to others.

If it was Bankstown, check all the voters ID, I have seen a number of strata meetings where tenants were at meetings and voting to have things done !

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Is that the same as chair-stacker, have to pack up afterwards?

dabbler and larrylarry like this.
  7. Gockie

Ohhh.. good tip but it's not Bankstown.

Similar thing happened at my volleyball.... people (team of Islanders... sorry) pretending to be other people... I swear there was a big guy pretending to be a girl. This is the womens comp (and for the record... we beat them).:p
    Ended up penalising them a whole lot of comp points after they did this again.

well maybe... but no physical chairs were used at the meeting so we will never know :)

You may now address me as "Chairlady Gockie".:D

larrylarry likes this.
  8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Don't worry, letting tradies in isn't your job any more than it is anyone else's job.

Your job as Chairperson, your only job under NSW strata legislation, is to Chair the meetings :)

But, of course, in 99% of buildings the strata managers chair meetings when in attendance.

Ted Varrick likes this.
  9. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Add this to your resume now :), provided how much time you spend at property management its a very valid position