Questions about digital apps or websites

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by dmo, 19th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dmo

dmo Active Member

I'm a digital designer and developer by trade, and I've recently been putting thought into digital products (apps for phones, apps for your browser etc.) in the realestate space, and wanted to reach out to the community here to ask a few questions in this area to see if there is a gap in the market anywhere that can be addressed.
    1. What digital tools do you know of that are not yet doing enough for you? If so, where is it lacking?
    2. What digital tools do you know of that you won't commit to due to cost?
    3. Do you use any digital tools that you feel are lacking features? If so, what are they and what features do they lack?
    4. Do you use any digital tools that do a great job, but are a pain in usability or visual design, or have functionality frustrations? If so, what are the tools.
    5. Do you feel there is an opportunity for any new digital products to help you find or manage your property investments?
    6. Do you currently pay for any digitals tools to help you find or manage your property investments?
    7. Are you the sort of investor that is happy to pay a small fee (monthly/yearly/one-off) if it provide value back to you to find new investment opportunities or assists in the management of your properties? If so, how much would you prepared to pay per month/year/once-off?
    8. Where do you see the digital space going that could help you find or manage your property investments?
    Thanks in advance, and if you have any questions for me, please fire them back as I would love to brainstorm this space with individuals more involved in property investment than I am.

Cheers,
    Dan

2. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I pretty much use RE.com app with saved searches, they used to alert me by displaying a number of how many new houses fell within it but that was removed probably 8-10 months ago. Now I have to run it manually each time.

I don't like it how you cant add a note to the property on the app but you can online. It would also be good if when you saved it as a favourite you could even add folders (e.g. IP1) so you can save comparable sales/rents for properties that are similar to ones you own.

The only other app I use for investing would be Dropbox along with mail/safari. Nothing really needs to be changed does what I would like them to do except I don't like it how apple does the emails now, I find I keep responding to the wrong email or worse the wrong person.

I use PIA which doesn't have an app and this I would have a lot more feedback on as in improvements (e.g. looks like something that was built in windows 3.1 or 95) or the clunkyness but at the core of the product is amazing.

PIA Software

I would use RP data (or similar service) but I am too cheap and instead if I am interested in something I will contact MB, REA or someone for the report but if I just want to see generated vals I will use either homehero, re.com or domain etc.

dmo likes this.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice