Question for Chinese Buyers

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Bookworm99, 12th Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Also you need to be familiar with the FIRB requirements for foreign property investors ie must be new property or to be demolished and rebuilt.

2. ToBeFree25

ToBeFree25 Active Member

Hi sash,

There is a lot of south east asia region (ASEAN countries), which is Chinese descent, although they hold that country's particular passport, but background is all from China, some of them have very strict feng shui and deep cultural background.

For me, i see those people as chinese.

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Quote..
    Property A with a number 4 or 14 or 24..

Anything that start with '8' from what i have seen and from what the Wife's Australian Chinese mates tell me ,even better if the street number adds up to '9' while 8 is a lucky number 9 is also power--full ..
    9 plus 9 ends in 18 add 1x8 goes back to 9,18plus 18 ends in 36 add 3plus 6 ends in 9 again 36 plus 36 ends in 72 7 plus 2 also goes back to 9 again,those numbers play a big deal with in Australian Chinese property investors..8888...
    The rest on that list imho are not that important ..

Kapot likes this.
  4. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

What type of properties do caucasians prefer? They just all come from the same climate and cultural background, yes?

5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

If we just chuck the FS stuff aside for the moment,

- Higher side of the street - less likelihood of car coming into your house, *usually* less chance of inundation (although my BIL found water running down from neighbour behind him who was even higher ground!).

- House at end of T junction - same reason to avoid car in house syndrome

- Pole in front of house - while pole may stop said car coming into house, car may knock pole down into your house!

- Never heard of narrower out front thing - may result in cheaper rates due to less frontage???

The Y-man

TMNT likes this.
  6. TheSackedWiggle

TheSackedWiggle Well-Known Member

That's not fixed

This is fixed => 山 德瑞特 大头 博甘

'Khal @datto' ;)

Last edited: 13th Aug, 2019
    The Y-man and Sackie like this.
  7. alksj1k35n

alksj1k35n Member

Property A with a number 4 or 14 or 24
    Property B with a sloping down land (higher at the front and lower at the back)
    Property C with a light pole right in front of the property on the nature strip
    Property D with its land being wider at front and narrower at back

To answer the OP's question, I am a Chinese Buyer and rather superstitious.
    A is a definite no.
    C I don't have an issue with.
    B and D would depend to what degree.
    If they were equal, I would prefer B.

8. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

One of our neighbours in NW Sydney bought into street when it had Lot #'s..They are of Chinese background..Their Lot # was once a great "lucky" number...Cant remember it....Maybe Lot 88 Council renumbered the street and they were very unhappy. Super unlucky number.... Council also placed two trees outside and apparently its like have two incense sticks and a symbol of death so they had to beg council to remove trees. (I suggested they just rip them out).

They tried to have council renumber street differently and got nowhere. Apparently rules is rules....So now their letterbox has same number as neighbour (Malaysian who sympathised with their plight) with a B....

9. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

An extreme case of numerology in Hong Kong. I went into a high rise and got into the lift. My friend lived on the 88th floor and paid a premium to get a flat on that floor. Then I realised all the 4, 13, 14, 24, 34, 44th floors etc., were missing. So his 88th floor wasn’t really the lucky number but possibly 79th floor. What a superstitious bunch! :rolleyes: