Queenslander Reno

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Tim86, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Lots of silicon.

I wasnt too concerned about perfect waterproofing because the shower is over the bathtub and there is no way the bathtub is going to leak. Besides anything is better than what was there. Tiles straight to the timber floor and tiles straight to the gyprock walls. Very dodgy.

2. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Link

3. Nathan Simon

Nathan Simon Well-Known Member

Looks good mate. Is this a flip job or a rental??

4. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Bloody hell. I checked with my plumber who checked with his mate in council and everything, and they all said that a floor waste was still needed. Bit of a waste of time considering it wasn't actually needed.

5. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Rental. Should see a good weekly profit.

Really interested to see the bank val after it's completed. Hopefully going to be a good equity gain that I can pull out with a refinance for the next project.

6. Nathan Simon

Yeah looks really nice, where about is it? Get an agent to appraise it too. Agents may be able to fight the valuer to say its worth more in the current market and increase your equity.

7. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Its in salisbury brisbane southside.

Dont think the bank valuers would listen to a realestate agent. Bank valuers are usually pretty set on what they value the property at.

8. Nathan Simon

this is true hahaha but if the agent has proof from recent sales that the value is higher than what the valuer says, the valuer may change there mind.

Tim86 likes this.
  9. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

What about the works that required getting a licenced tradie to do it ie waterproofing, plumbing electrical etc? Surely that's not included in the $807 and 65 DIY hours?

10. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

No electrical or plumbing above floor was modified. We had to pay a plumber for the plumbing underneath the house into the sewer line and do all the pipework etc... for the whole house. I think that was about 3k. So I guess you could portion out how much of that would have been for the bathroom. For the whole house there was a new switchboard etc... and electrical run. So again a portion of that cost would have been for the bathroom. But all that had to be done anyway. My old mans an electriction so I only pay for parts. Maybe for that rooms portion of the whole house plumbing and electrical youd add 1000?

11. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Me and the wife had a blast moving the stupid heavy fridge up the stairs and into the kitchen today. :p

Attached Files:

12. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

New front door in. Still have to paint it though. Was a bit of a big job, had to replace all the door frame because the old door frame was pretty stuffed and the new door was a lot wider.

What colours do you think would work for this door? I'm thinking all white on the inside. And mostly black with white accents on the outside?

Door entrance.jpg door front.jpg

WattleIdo likes this.
  13. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I kind of like the natural timber-tan or whatever that colour is. Looks good. Maybe charcoal on the panels?
    Where'd you get your door? I've got to get all new doors .... previous tenants have broken every single panel on every single hundred year old solid cedar door. (!)

14. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Kitchen looks great!

Tim86 likes this.
  15. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

That's horrible to hear about the damage done to those old doors. I think woodworkers sells the one I put in new for around $950. I paid $150 on gumtree which was an absolute steal.

The current colour of the door up close is actually a pale pink colour so I'm pretty keen to change it. I'll probably end up painting it whatever colour I have spare in a paint tin. I'm thinking if I do go the dark colour for most of it I'd do the panels white and also the detailing below the leadlight white.

But if it looks rubbish I'll just change it :)

16. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Yeah that colour scheme sounds good.
    Have seen some nice looking doors on ebay - a complete range of prices, as you say.

Tim86 likes this.
  17. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

That door is the same as our front door. We have paints ours white (not pure white - a little off white) inside and the darkest green outside that it looks black (almost). That would suit your colours.

Tim86 likes this.
  18. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Yeah sounds like what I'm thinking.

I have the paint there so I might as well use it. The other thing I was thinking was going a bit crazy with a fire engine red like you see on some doors in England, but I don't think it would really suit and would probably clash a fair bit with the neutral greys.

19. vtt

vtt Well-Known Member

White on the inside and whatever colour your gutters are (are they black?) on the outside would complement nicely.

Looking good!

20. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Woodland grey on the gutters. But I don't want to go all grey.

I'll see how I go with a black and white combo, kind of goes with the rest of the provincial black and white theme inside.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.