Quality Control of development

Discussion in 'Development' started by AnneC, 1st Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AnneC

AnneC Well-Known Member

Am in Melbourne and doing a 4 townhouse development. What I am finding lacking with our Building Surveyor is that he only comes for the mandatory inspections .

Are there other building inspectors which look also at whether the build is occurring as per the plans and quality control assessment? Other considerations eg waterproofing, drainage, plumbing as these are not looked at by our Building Surveyor???

2. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

The building surveyor who issued the permit is only looking at regulatory compliance. Not quality control etc. You will need to find an independent building inspection service. I'm guessing that you don't have an architect looking after construction - an architect would normally be involved in quality control

AnneC, MTR and wylie like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Not his job

i developed in Melb and live in Perth, I hired a retired builder to manage critical points
    Full report and photos provided, worked well for me

4. AnneC

AnneC Well-Known Member

We have a Superintendent whose role just seems to be administering the payments, not quality control.

5. AnneC

AnneC Well-Known Member

Hi MTR, could you please pass on the details by private message of this retired builder, as we are finding it difficult to find someone.

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

i am sorry he only did the one project, his not doing this anymore

see if you can contact inspection companies who perhaps can help with this

AnneC likes this.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.