Qld - Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Lovemuscle, 10th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lovemuscle

Lovemuscle New Member

Hey everyone.

I am from Sydney and I am looking to purchase a house as an investment property in Queensland (Brisbane and Sunshine Coast most likely). Ideally, I would want to around $400k, although could branch more if needed. I was looking for a cheaper place, with the chance for growth. Like everyone, I'd like to get someone in and have the rent cover most of the mortgage.

Suburbs I found that may fit the bill include Forest Lake, Narangba, Acacia Ridge, Alexandria Hills, Inala, Springfield Lakes, Hillscrest, Bald Hills, Waterford.

How would you rate some of those in terms of chance to rent out, possible growth etc? Is there anywhere else you would recommend?

Thanks,

LM

2. Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Using the search bar you can search this forum for said listed suburbs and see what others have spoken about these suburbs before.

I've seen a lot of people on here talking about moreton bay for that price point. Deception bay has been spoken about also.

Maybe someone else has more info for you. Best of luck and welcome to the forum!

3. JSS

JSS New Member

I would also try new Doolandella, Springfield Lakes, Heritage Park, Regents Park etc. Great demand and growth suburbs near infra corridors. You will need to push your budget unto mid to high 400s however.

4. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

Can you push your budget up to around $600k ? You’re scraping the bottom of the barrel at your price point . You’ll be buying in very questionable areas with high likelihood of dodgy tenants and questionable prospects of decent capital growth anytime soon

QldKoolies likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia