QLD - Survey of Housing Opportunity 2018 - Your Participation is welcome.

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Property Guy, 15th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Property Guy

Property Guy Member

Hi Everyone.

I am the Principal Investigator of a housing study for the Greater Brisbane Region (The relevant areas lie within Brisbane, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Logan, Moreton Bay Council, Redland and Somerset).

What is the Study About?

The study is about establishing housing aspirations in this region from the perspective of individuals/households. So I have included Social Needs, Dwelling Needs and Financial Needs. I have stripped away technical terms or attributes that are overly specific.

These needs are then compared with various other profiles, but most importantly people's life circumstances. As I stated in the landing page of the survey, 'We want to know how people negotiate when to buy or rent and when to stay in place'.

There are only a few requirements for eligibility

1) You are 18 years or over
    2) At some point you lived in those areas above for a period of at least 12 months total
    3) You rented/owned at least 1 dwelling for a period of 6 months minimum - this can be anything from renting a camp site for a mobile home to owning a house you live in, to owning an investment property

This is the general run through of what the study is about.

however the Survey can be found here, and contains additional information about ethical procedures, contacts, how your anonymity is managed etc.

I will be providing some incentives based on a prize draw (a total of 5 gift-cards valued at $20 each).

I also welcome your feedback. I know that this is a property forum and the individuals here have an extensive knowledge of the housing market. At this point I am only making minor tweaks to the survey, but I will be conducting various other studies in the future, so I will definitely take on board any suggestions.

The Survey closes 1st of April, but I may extend the deadline - based on responses.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

For the sake of clarity, this was validated and approved by the moderators before being posted (but that does not constitute an endorsement!).

Last edited: 15th Mar, 2018
  3. Property Guy

Property Guy Member

Just been updating everyone as I go along. Mostly on facebook but also wherever I have posted.

The first voucher has been awarded following a random draw.

The recipient has accepted his giftcard. Four more giftcards will be awarded on April 1st.

If the deadline is extended, that will be updated in the landing page.