QLD Residential Building - Laundry Requirement

Discussion in 'Development' started by Shaz87, 1st Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Shaz87

Shaz87 Member

I hope someone can guide me.

I have purchased brand new townhouse as IP where tenant is asking for clothes line. My real estate agent is saying I need to install either dryer or clothesline to comply with Gold Coast City Council Rental Accommodation Policy.

For townhouse in QLD, is it mandatory requirement to have either clothes line or clothes dryer as per QLD Building Standard? This will help me to determine whether this was something the builder should have installed to comply with building standards.

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I don't know the QLD ones but I have to assume it's something that falls under the national code anyway. In WA it is not part of the building standards to supply it but is up to the owner to supply for tenants.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

My builder in Qld doesn't supply it either. Up to the developer.

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Its seems its QLD law that prevails for residential services operators

The Residential Services (Accreditation) Act 2002 requires residential service providers to register their residential service with the Residential Services Accreditation Branch of the Office of Fair Trading, Department of Justice and Attorney-General. Registration requirements include demonstrating that the premises in which the residential service is offered complies with the mandatory building requirements contained in this document and that new building work also meets the requirements of the Building Code of Australia

This doesnt seem to apply to the construction. Only the use of the premises.
    Its your problem as the owner.

https://www.hpw.qld.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/QDCMP5.7ResidentialServicesBuildingStandard.pdf