QLD? Rental Reforms - Have Your Say in QLD Premier Proposed Reform

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by trinity168, 27th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ozwanderlust

ozwanderlust Well-Known Member

In London, 99% of flat / apartment private rentals (not public housing - where tenants can keep pets, no restriction) do not allow pets. Most flats / apartments here are leasehold not share of freehold so the leasehold companies make the "no pet" rule and landlords have no say. We have had to rent (large) houses (much more expensive than flats) as landlords (owners) do not have the management companies or leasehold companies to tell them what to do. Therefore we have had to prepare a pet resume similar to the above. All our landlords have met our dogs and been very happy with them. Each time we moved out to a slightly cheaper place, our landlords would beg us not to go by offering us reduced rent (which is rare in London). But, we are the exceptional tenants who always left the rental properties in better and cleaner condition than when we moved in - unlike most of our tenants. As pet lovers, we have never denied our tenants of keeping their pets, we only ask them to keep their pets clean, look after them and love them.

2. Waterboy

Waterboy Well-Known Member

My dog is very poor. He's had a ruff life and can’t afford a woof over his head.

trinity168 likes this.
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the timely reminder, I thought I had missed the cut off. Just spent four hours doing three surveys, including preparing a roast dinner. Gotta keep everything in perspective.