Qld property insurance

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by 29349, 12th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 29349

29349 Well-Known Member

Is property insurance expensive in Queensland

2. Frenchie

Frenchie Well-Known Member

Queensland is pretty big. I find it extremely expensive in Cairns, and that's perhaps a general thing north of the tropic.

3. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Brisbane, GC, SC, Cooktown, Bamaga, Longreach, Toowoomba, Hervey Bay, Yeppoon or Agnes Water?

Case by case depending on postcode?

And on that note...due to the recent major flooding event in NSW...one would imagine that insurance premiums will rise considerably across numerous NSW postcodes (except Byron Bay and Lennox Head perhaps...which never experience any flooding really).

Last edited: 12th Apr, 2021
  4. DoingOK

DoingOK Well-Known Member

Yes. Crazy expensive. Be aware that some companies have limits on what they will cover. Even caught out a major insurer when chatting to their person about something else. They didn't believe me so looked it up and sure enough they had a cap. Guess it nice to have something over the cap but you do pay for it.

5. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

My understanding is that QLD is generally cheaper than NSW for insurance (it's definitely the case with Landlords Insurance, not 100% for B&C), can anyone confirm that with their own similar properties in both states?

6. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Queensland a big place. Anything in BCC/Moreton Bay/Logan/Redlands will be comparable with Sydney.

The only time I ever had increased insurance premium is when it was near the river. That will cause your premium to go up a little otherwise QLD premiums to me seem even cheaper than NSW. I have almost an equal split of properties between Sydney and Brisbane so this is from first hand experience. Mostly with NRMA and Budget Direct.