QLD property contract: Solicitor needed for conditions

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Spoony, 26th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

I'm currently negotiating conditions on a property contract where internal painting works are still happening.

As such I'm wishing to add terms to cover vacant possession and quality completion of works.

An RE friend of mine isn't a 100% sure but feels some recent changes may require these terms to be constructed by a solicitor and then added or amended as an attachment to the contract.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

It may just be proceedure at the RE agency she works at to ensure clear and legally binding terms.

If my terms are clear unable to be questioned is it safe for me to amend?

Being Sunday ability to contact Solicitor is obviously limited.

Cheers
    Dan

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Recent changes? I would have thought common sense would have dictated if you want to draft clear and binding legal terms then you should be getting a solicitor onto them.

Otherwise how confident would you be in trying to draft them yourself? Because I have to say I'd be sceptical about any non lawyer trying their hand at drafting.

3. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

email me the draft contract ([email protected]) with some details and I will draft for you now

Spoony and 158 like this.
  4. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

thatbum, very good points, hence my questions. The situation started late Friday after passed in at auction, so the offer on this property was not completely pre-planned unfortunately.

RPI, wow, thanks for such a generous offer, I'll shoot you something very shortly.

Cheers.

5. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

How did you go?

I Hope the whittled down conditions got you across the line

6. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

Your simplifications were great and far less daunting for the vendor to read vs what I had. Thanks again.

I'm Yet to hear back from the agent though. She's not very thorough unfortunately. I had to explain the amendments and additions, and give her snip capturing sections of the contract I'd changed as she claimed there was no additions etc. Basically she didnt look properly.

The now delay could also be an intentional tactic to shortern period of my terms. I would have expected to hear back by the next day.

7. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Richard

Great work .... did he pay the invoice? :)

Spoony likes this.
  8. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

Haha, not at all, I'm just here for the *free stuff ;) .

*may have tee'd up Richard for conveyancing

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia