QLD Logan agent: Recommendations please

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by JoL0, 1st Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. cstar

cstar Member

Egita Hall from LJ Hooker Shailer Park seems to be another good option. Was my second candidate but ended up going with Lu. I agree that lately Property Management HQ is a bit slow in responding (rent increases, pest control, new lease etc). Have to chase them up.

Certainly different back then (2014) when Lu was handling it directly, and then with one assistant. The team is a bit bigger now, and I get the feeling one or two are junior. She used to always return my missed call, but I cannot say the same lately. I ended up calling the office line.

Have 3 properties with them and have another one settling shortly. I'm somewhat hesitant to give them another one, and hence in the market myself for another PM.

2. 733

733 Well-Known Member

What suburb is the property located in at Logan?

3. SK Investments

SK Investments Well-Known Member

Wherever the wind takes me, currently Brisbane
    I've been giving PMHQ some time to get back on track. Lu lost 2 staff before Christmas but now has an experienced office manager Kerrie, she's done well to chase up a nutty tenant for me and get payment back up. I have had to micro manage but hopefully they get things on track soon.

733 and bwklau like this.
  4. Ko Ko Naing

Ko Ko Naing Well-Known Member

This is exactly happening to me right now. She seemed to be under-staffed at the moment and can't handle well. I've listed a property with her for more than 3 weeks and there is no pro-active communication from her or her team till now. I'm giving her team another week. If not looking good, I'm going with another PM.

5. benk

benk Member

I had property with PMHQ as well but had to jump ship because the communication just wasn't there. I agree that she has probably got too much business for her to handle recently. Pretty happy with Diligent PM at the moment so I'd recommend them!

cstar likes this.
  6. joe2030

joe2030 Well-Known Member

Because I had the same feeling for PMHQ when I talked to her last November, I have decided to choose Renee French, Senior Property Manager , Go Gecko Springwood/Shailer Park (www.gogecko.com.au). Her response and communication are really good to me. I'll vote for her.

Renee French likes this.
  7. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Regardless of position shuffles in the business I rate Sumayya Burger from Red Rocket as one of the best in the region.. A gun agent. I can't speak more highly of her

8. AaronR

AaronR Well-Known Member

Same happened to me so I'm still hunting. @DiligentPM do you guys service Underwood?

9. Shazi

Shazi Active Member

Have 7 properties with IPH rentals and have been with them for a long time .Tamara is the owner of this bus. and if you want her contact let me know . Their management fee for me has been 6.5 % for many years . My son has his props. with them as well

Property Hippies likes this.
  10. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Good evening! Indeed we do service Underwood.

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Jul, 2017
  11. 733

733 Well-Known Member

From my understanding Lu has recently appointed a new Office Manager and PM so I am sure things will get back on track for them

12. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

It's for this reason that I prefer direct recommendations rather than recommending an agency as a whole - no 2 people in an agency are the same - the agent that one person uses may be brilliant which is why they recommend the agency, as compared to another agent who could leave a lot to be desired (which is also why I prefer using boutique agencies where there are a small number of agents).

Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I would recommend ours, she is word of mouth only so I won't post her details on a public forum. She was a manager for a big real estate agency on the coast with loads of staff. She went out on her own and she is brilliant, she has selected our tenants really well, our properties are all in Logan, we have met all of our tenants and have gone through the properties with her on the quarterly rounds. She is always on the phone so 50:50 chance of getting through on first call but leave a message and she is back to me within the hour or quicker. When properties are being advertised and open for inspection, I get a phone call after each opening and private inspection with the run down of how things are going, she knows I like details so I get everything down to who took their shoes off at the front door. So far she has been spot on with who she has tenanted to, no late rents, no property damaged. I can PM you details if you would like.

Property Hippies likes this.
  14. astigmatised

astigmatised New Member

I went with Progress Properties because they sold me the property and thought I'd give them the business. Due to a combination of bad luck and bad management, but the very first tenants didn't last a year before they kept getting into rental arrears, and we took them to tribunal because they wouldn't pay and refused to leave. James Ford then got involved after it got to tribunal stage and to be fair, he was quite good, but it should never have got to that stage through better day-to-day management. After the tenants were evicted, it was back to the day-to-day PM team to manage the insurance claim and it wasn't a great experience. Took a very long time and I ended up filling in all the claim forms and outlining all the damages as Progress was very non-specific in submitting the claims. Ended up changing management over to Karen at QMT Realty who manages my other properties and she's very good.

15. Michael_X

Michael_X Mortgage Broker Business Member

I believe the previous office manager in Lu's office will be back on board soon, so will definitely help things there.

Also personally use Sumayya from Red Rocket. They've recently restructured so Sumayya can spend more time with clients and is working well. A few teething issues but believe it's starting to gel. Have had good feedback from a few clients recently.

Cheers,
    Michael

EN710 likes this.
  16. ashalim

ashalim Member

I don't know @Michael_X I've been giving Red Rocket a chance for the last few months...Sumayya herself is good but she's no longer managing properties (not mine at least). The juniors are bad with communications, always give ridiculously overpriced quotes which takes them weeks to get 1 quote. Never give more than 1 quote either :(

I'm also in the market for a new property manager for my properties in the Logan area. Sad to see Lu is also overwhelmed, she was my next choice. Are they better now?

Anyone here used Ray White IMS? Or RUN Property?

17. Michael_X

Michael_X Mortgage Broker Business Member

Just a bit of clarification. Sumayya is still involved in the property management side of things but her role is slightly different. More of a BDM vs the day to day running of things. She can still be the first point of contact.

Cheers,
    Michael

18. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

No1 rule, if you find a good property manager don't tell anyone : )

19. Peter P

Peter P Well-Known Member

Warrick Johnson manages 2 of my friend's properties. Have only heard good things.

20. Sumi

Sumi New Member

@ashalim , just to confirm I am still at RRR. Sad to see you unhappy, but will be happy to help out where I can (Sumayya)

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Jul, 2017