Qld land valuation 2017

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by ycdfdyan, 1st Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ycdfdyan

ycdfdyan Well-Known Member

Hi All,

From my understanding the annual land valuation notice is due to be published in March. Does anyone know exactly when these reports will be sent out to the owners? Or are we able to view the suburbs performance online now?
    Did a few google searches and found nothing .
    Thanks

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

If it's been uploaded then you'll find it on Google earth with the qld globe plug in and appropriate check boxes.

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

The unimproved land val does not mean much.

4. Scott No Mates

Unless you're paying land tax or able to charge the cost onto your tenants.

Qld Globe linky

5. dabbler

That is true, my answer was in line with the "performance" comment below. So, does not mean much when it comes to sales performance.

6. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

I just had a look a the QLD Globe. though similar engine to NSW Globe, but the QLD Globe omits info about property sale history and land valuation...maybe I am not having much luck.

7. Scott No Mates

Dang Queenslanders - they're still behind the rest of Aus. ;)

8. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

https://valuations.dnrm.qld.gov.au/listings/OnlineValuationRollSearch?action=init
    and the report
    https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/__data/...017-property-market-movement-report-lores.pdf

How does this relate to the actually property market itself? Do the number come from property sales/interest/market etc?

For comparisons sake:
    My PPOR (Browns Plains) seems to have now increased 18%, with a land value of $262k. Last year a bank valuation of $320k for the improved property. This suburb actually gets mentioned in the report to. Really it just means rates are gonna be higher again :/ . $58k doesn't seem much for a house etc.

An IP I've got an offer/contract on (East Ipswich) has only increased 8% over the same period, upto $125k land value against a $242k property price. This seems more realistic but makes the property seem of far less value than the Browns Plains.

This is big gap between these two examples. It would lead one to think think that either Browns Plains property is undervalued or the Ippy one is over valued.

Obviously one set of figures is true market, the other is on paper, but are they number useful at all in the property game?

Last edited: 10th Mar, 2017
  9. clubman

clubman Well-Known Member

I also have an IP in North Booval, a bit quiet in the area compare to Browns Plains. I live very close to Browns Plains and have been looking for a property there too.

10. dabbler

You see values going up in areas where many have more money, go out in the country and people would scream about the rates increases, they seem to sit still, even though sales prices climb.

11. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Rates wont rise by the value increase. Rates are based on rateable value multiplied by a state govt approved rate that is cents per $ of value. If property values double and no rate increase is approved then the cents per $ of value would halve.