[QLD] Handover of newly built dwelling

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by andrew_t, 1st Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. andrew_t

andrew_t Well-Known Member

Hi all, I have a new dwelling being built on the sunshine coast and settlement is to occur in the next couple of weeks.

I already have tenants lined up to move in by July 10th and require someone to do an independent handover inspection of the building prior to then.

I have been told of handovers.com however if someone can recommend me someone else ideally a PC member i would prefer to support them otherwise would be good to hear any positive/negative feedback on handovers.com

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. andrew_t

Not sure if anyone can help here, i have queried through a few companies to do a final inspection for defects once the builder has completed and have had variants of quotes from $390 up to $680. Assuming you get what you pay for has anyone had experience in choosing one over the other and the extra is worth it?

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Someone who is well recommended is always good. Just make sure your comparing apples with apples. Some are happy to look at the tender to make sure everything right is installed without charging extra and others charge quite a premium for that. I'd go with someone well recommended in the middle range of prices.

andrew_t likes this.
  4. Agent99

Agent99 Well-Known Member

Make sure they know the building codes quite well and check that all have been done to code.
    You would be surprised how much gets inspected and then find down the track it has not met code. Dont know anyone in your area

andrew_t likes this.
  5. andrew_t

Thanks guys for the feedback

I ended up going for one of the more expensive ones and am very happy with the report, plenty of photos taken and well detailed throughout. Even called me to discuss the report and general run down of the building. If anyone comes across this post i can happily recommend Peter from Home - Focus Building and Pest Inspections on the sunshine coast.

6. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

7. andrew_t

Buderim