Qld Budget today - superannuation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Angel, 14th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Does this make any sense? (I need a Bex and a lie down)
    Paying down govt debt using cash instead of paying into the fund for Staff Super and Long Service Leave.

2. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

No it makes no sense. Kick the can down the road and worry expenses in the future.

3000 new public servants as well. Not enough were sacked by the previous LNP government. I also read 3000 jobs at a cost of $1b, that adds up to a hell of a lot per person.

been to busy to look properly but looks bad too me.

3. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

I've only read the pre-budget commentary and don't quote me on the exact figures. The govt is $8b ahead on it's defined benefits over expected payments to public sector employees in the defined benefit scheme. So by not contributing for a few years the fund will still have enough to meet it's projected demands.

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

On 7 news the reporter asked TP about asset sales, suggesting "selling" Electricity to QSuper was still selling it. She smiled and assured him " no, it isn't." Great, get QSuper to buy something that private enterprise most likely doesn't see as profitable. If it is seen as profitable and a good investment, then the state sells an asset to a company that it owns, thus her reasoning is that it is still owned by the state. Either way it's BS

That sounds somewhat better. I wasn't getting any sense from ABC website or tv.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.