QLD agency agreement termination laws

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by hash_investor, 6th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Hello friends, I am talking to an agent at the moment to manage a property for me in QLD and she mentioned the minimum termination notice of management agreement should be 30 days, written. Is that standard and I can reduce it to 7 days? How long are your notice periods, guys?

2. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

standard is 30 days, i think 14 days would be reasonable. 30 days worked for me as i gave notice to my last management. and the 30 days gave me time to find new management.

3. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

She said or at least gave an impression that its a requirement / law. Is that the case ? If not I will try to reduce it.

4. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

Hi Hash_Investor, Part 5 - Termination of appointment on the Form 6 management agreement states that termination is 30 days notice in writing - or less if both parties agree. So i guess it depends on your agent, they may not agree to reduce it as it will reduce the commission that they will be collecting however in terms of securing your business or in good faith they may agree!