Qdos bank Term deposit??

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by John JS, 12th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. John JS

John JS Member

They are offering 1.9% for 5 month, any experience with them? They are the old QANTAS credit union, I guess they are a reliable bank. I need to park some funds for a while as my bank is only offering 1.35%.

2. ALT

ALT Well-Known Member

I’ve used their services for over 20 years. Low to no fees on a lot of products. I would recommend them.

3. GoldCoastBound

GoldCoastBound Well-Known Member

And the 1.9% is for only 5 months and is not per annum?

4. Pier1

Pier1 Well-Known Member

# All rates are per annum

5. John JS

John JS Member

It's per annum but a term of 5 months. But it seems that one can now have a longer term of 12 months and still get the 1.9%.

6. GoldCoastBound

Just so i can be clear on this...i can put 1 Million into this and in 5 months i will receive 19K after only 5 months?....or i will get the 19K after 12 months?

thanks

7. John JS

John JS Member

Annum is Latin for year. :) So for a million you would get $19K if you invested for 12 months.

For 5 months you get $19,000.00/12= $1,583.88 a month times 5 = $7,916.00

But yes if there is the option to invest the full amount for 12 month then you would get the full $19K.

Edit: Just checked and now you can invest for 12 months Term Deposits | High Interest Savings Account - Qudos Bank

Just remember that the 1st $250K are government guaranteed like any other institution.

Nigel likes this.
  8. GoldCoastBound

thanks for clearing that up, appreciate it

9. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

Hi John,

Just looking at Qudos Bank term deposits on the back of this thread and I can see options that vary from 3 - 12 months at the same rate of 1.90%. What would be the reason (if any) that someone would opt in to the 12 month TD when they can get the same $ return from doing the 3 month option and just renewing the 3 months 4 times without being locked in at 12 months? Keen to get your insight.

Also using your quote above - if TD's over $10k and 3 month durations are 1.9%, does that mean for the $10k at the end of the 3 month TD, i'd get $190 / 12 x 3 months = $47.5?

Thanks

10. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

if interest rates drop in the next 3 months, you might not be able to renew at 1.9%.

Nigel likes this.
  11. John JS

John JS Member

hmmm did not get emails notifications for the last few posts, may have ended up in spam. o_O

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia