Purple Bricks

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Jasmine, 29th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Exactly.

This lot were on the TV today/night.

What do you mean ? I find many agents are busy telling you or others about other places they have for sale, some even explain how much better they are....so caring for the poor vendor !

How did you poach them ?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

in a couple of inches of chicken broth with a hint of white wine and bouquet garni.

Burramys and Jacque like this.
  3. dabbler

That sounds tasty and bit more adventurous than just water and salt :)

However, the agents may be more deserving of this type of fine poaching ! he he

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

You can wait outside opens of other local opens homes... (do it behind some bushes etc... not visible from the home itself). Once the buyers have finished going through that home, give the buyers some details of your place.... voila! Poached buyers. :D
    No actual agent would do that... but a private homeowner selling their own property? Sure thing :).

Jacque and josh123 like this.
  5. Scott No Mates

There's always plenty of buyers who miss out at an auction - they're prequalified (if they are underbidders) and cashed up. What more can you want?

6. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

seen it all before. good agents will always do well. good old customer service can never be replaced by a "cheap" fee.

Mick Butterfield and sanj like this.
  7. dabbler

Is that what you get up to round Epping Gockie ??? :)

I would not do it, I would not be getting paid enough to bugger around like that :p:D

Well, if there was one close and similar sort of thing, well yes, that would be fair game.

8. josh123

josh123 Well-Known Member

It was pretty easy all we did was sit outside the unit blocks and handed the people the brochures we made up. We had quite a few people come and have a look. sold it in 2 weeks for a price that was similar to what was been sold in the area saving us around 8k.

Whitecat, dabbler and Gockie like this.
  9. josh123

josh123 Well-Known Member

This is what I'll be doing this weekend our renos are almost finished. My wife has just finished the brochures. like @Gockie said I'll be one Iv those hiding in the bushes. Haha

dabbler and Gockie like this.
  10. kevilian

kevilian Well-Known Member

it's a good idea if you have time and live locally, and not afraid to negotiate hard to get the price you want.
    There are some website provide guess-estimation for property value, as a guide line & current market sentiment, should be easily get the price mark you want...

11. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Some handing out of brochures may have occurred while we went and enjoyed the sun outside other people's opens and auctions...
    Yep. Easy enough to do....maybe it's not a tactic i'd necessarily employ for the future sale of my current PPOR.... there's just nothing else like it nearby. But for stock standard properties and apartments especially.... ;)

dabbler and josh123 like this.
  12. truong

truong Well-Known Member

From 'Super profits' of real estate agents back in the spotlight | The New Daily:
    The agent’s money is made at listing so they have little incentive to try hard for a sale.

Some sellers may think “If I have to go back to a traditional REA anyway after spending $4500 and no sale, what’s the point?”

13. Scott No Mates

They won't score points with too many vendors with that attitude.

Why? If you're paying $3000/month in interest you'd be after the best agent not the cheapest - a small delay in finding a buyer will cost more than the commission paid.

14. truong

truong Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I'm saying.

15. tilt10

tilt10 Well-Known Member

Number three in the UK after a couple of Years.
    For years i have said agents should be able to sell any property for less than 10K.
    I have always said one professional agency in every major city could effectively do the job.
    It aint rocket science. But that is not what the big boys want. They want a franchise on ever corner charging inflated commission rates.
    Bring on the competition it will be healthy for the industry and save vendors thousands.
    Support Purple Bricks.

Whitecat, Barny and radson like this.
  16. Scott No Mates

We have a standard of living to maintain - how do you expect to pay AWARD wages if you expect wage slaves to work 10 times as hard to earn the same $?

Purple Bricks takes the cream out of the listing ie 50%, then take out the marketing costs say $3k. This leaves $0 for the workers.

But who cares? Not the vendor or PB obviously.

17. MrFox

MrFox Well-Known Member

I thought purple bricks was one of those DIY deals? What do they do exactly?

18. Scott No Mates

Screw bottom feeding agents.

MrFox likes this.
  19. MrFox

MrFox Well-Known Member

I looked at their site but still don't get what are they doing for the vendor apart of arranging marketing. Who is going to do the selling? The vendor?

20. OscarBravo

OscarBravo Well-Known Member

I'm all for supporting excellent agents but too many aren't earning their commissions in my opinion. Are the agents providing 40-50% more value than 2-3 years ago? Because they are certainly making 40-50% more commissions on some of the investments I've let go recently.

Whitecat likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia