NSW Purely Investment in South Blacktown or Wentworthville

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by propertyhut, 19th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. propertyhut

propertyhut Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Me and my partner have fairly equal say on where we would like to buy our first IP. so we can comfortably buy something for 700k - 800k and would like to buy it in Western Sydney..

dont want to consider other states or regional area for now.

1) I feel we should buy a House with Granny flat already built in south blacktown for around 750k. the rent coming from both house and council approved granny flat is perhaps 710-740 per week. I feel area is still well connected, closer to station, M4 etc and after few years House and Granny flat should take care of itself. there may be medium or usual capital growth many years down and with next cycle.

2) partner insists we should buy a house in Wentworthville for around 780k - 800k. I have seen rent being achieved is mostly 550k. but strongly believes this will have more capital growth as being even more closer to Parramatta.

your thoughts purely on these two scenarios above - which way would you go and why.

thank you.

2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

You're going to get far more for your $$$ in Blacktown but I'm sure you know that already. Much depends on your cashflow position and ability to hold during the future. Also, are you a renovator or willing to renovate? Most houses in Wenty at that price point will be older and likely to suck up more funds over the holding period purely due to maintenance and age.
    Have you considered any other suburbs eg: Seven Hills, Quakers Hill, Glenwood, Stanhope Gardens etc?

Propertunity likes this.
  3. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Hard choice but I think long term Blacktown will win out both in terms of potential growth and passive income.

Wentworthville growth is not as large as Blacktown which is a major business hub already and is expanding day by day. You should also consider if in the future your going to live in this house or not ever - that may have some influence as well.

Cmelderis likes this.
  4. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the nationalities of tenants you'd like for a start. Totally different demographics there.
    Also check in Wenty on the zoning. Some streets have units allowed on one side but not on the other. It could be a speculative buy or you may be stuck with something difficult to rent if there's major construction going on.

5. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by this? Its a very very big melting pot of cultural diversity in both of the areas. In Wenty of recent is mostly indians and Pakistanis now - Blacktown is more diverse I think more cultures everywhere.

6. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Do look at Quakers hill. Even though prices are down, due to the value on offer, some houses are selling in the first week itself

9 Taro Place, Quakers Hill, NSW 2763
    9 Ealing Place, Quakers Hill, NSW 2763

Jacque likes this.
  7. propertyhut

thank you all for your responses.
    not looking at Glenwood etc. as feel it too expensive for investment.
    quakers hill is good agree - but being bit more further away only 1 train line. and also the buses from Seven Hills to Macquarie Park - big employment hut is more manageable from Blacktown - seven hills

8. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Why buy now? I would wait a bit.

Sackie, Foxdan and See Change like this.
  9. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Quakers hill is just 2 more stops away on the Richmond line :)
    Not sure if the single train line is related to the frequency but the frequency is good in peak hours. Every 10 mins to the city

Also, there is a direct bus from Quakers hill to Macquarie park(740)

Hope that helps

10. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Ditto

Cliff

devank likes this.
  11. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

hmm, $750k in South Blacktown with a GF? how good is the chance to find one.

I recall these IPs back in 2017 were asking $850k

12. JesseT

JesseT Well-Known Member

Do you select tenants based on nationality?

13. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

I would look other areas around wenty.

Ample good options. I would not buy in blacktown. Very big and different pockets.

Regards

14. propertyhut

Hi All,

feedback please.

needed your guidance between these two properties and which you think will be better investment property.
    this will be our first IP - we surely can borrow comfortably up to 750k or bit more.

choosing between 49 Valda Street - old house and granny flat in South Blacktown - we can secure that property for 705k or so. both house and granny flat currently leased for 720 per week.
    556 sqm land
    49 Valda Street, Blacktown, NSW 2148

or

27 Robina Street - south blacktown. 898 sqm metre block
    slightly better or heaps better location in south blacktown.
    assuming we can get it for 700k or so in Auction..
    old Fibro House and guessing can be rented for 400 per week.
    27 Robina Street, Blacktown, NSW 2148

which would work better and your honest thoughts.

15. San2018

San2018 Well-Known Member

I think all depends what are your future plans and what you can do with 898sqm block. Is it sub-dividable, or can you build duplex and sell them separately? If yes and if you have capital in future and appetite to rebuild, maybe a good idea or the safest approach would be the 49 Valda St as it pays for itself and capital will increase slowly in long run.

Just ensure that they are walk-able to train stations as it will be attract tenants and possible rezoning in future.

I am not expert in this but just my thoughts :)

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia