Purchasing land in Box Hill (NSW) for investment

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Bhb, 27th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bhb

Bhb Well-Known Member

Hi all, could you please advise if it is a good idea to purchase a 500sqm land in box hill for investment purpose ? My initial thought was to build a house for PPOR but I was worried about commute as both me & my partner work in CBD and we have two kids. So, I felt it might be very tough for commute & pick up ,dropping kids to child care/school. So, I am now thinking of buying the 500sqm land ($575K) and wait for an year or two till the suburb develops with respect to school, commute & then decide whether to resell it or build a house for PPOR. Can you please advise if that's a good idea for investment ? Or do you have any other suggestions for investment ? Thank you very much in advance.

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Box Hill (Vic) is an easy 15min train ride to the Melb CBD.....

The Y-man

3. Bhb

Bhb Well-Known Member

Box Hill ( NSW)

4. Bhb

Bhb Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't know about Box Hill, Vic. My question was about Box Hill, NSW.

5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

What do you expect to change in a year or two? Meanwhile no rent, and interest is not deductible, and you dont have a ppor.

Bhb likes this.
  6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

No prob - changed the title of the thread :)

The Y-man

Bhb likes this.
  7. Bhb

Bhb Well-Known Member

Thank you very much :)

8. Bhb

Bhb Well-Known Member

Agree. I was thinking that the land prices might go up during the next stage land releases from the estate.

9. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

what might lead land prices to NOT go up, and how have you assessed the probabilities?

2 years is ridiculously short considering it might cost you 5%+ after tax in costs to hold it.

Bhb likes this.
  10. Bhb

Bhb Well-Known Member

I have seen in few estates that the subsequent stage releases of land are costlier than the previous ones. So, I assumed that the same thing might happen here as well.

I completely agree with you. Looks like the best option for me now is to : look for a house/lot as a PPOR or buy a property which is currently leased (IP).

Thank you very much.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia