Purchasing from mortgagee in possession at auction

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by wobbycarly, 18th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wobbycarly

wobbycarly Well-Known Member

I wasn't looking for a nice tidy house. I want a dump to work on (since found and bought one that's not TOO dumpy, but still needs a good spruce up). Again, not a bargain, but a decent price.

2. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

The free on, like she does with Stuart Zadel just give you stories of people who have done it. Not exact info on how to do it of course.
    If you sign up THEN you get access to the data base. Go listen for free but think hard whether spending $5000? Is worth it to you.
    It's not as easy as she makes out.
    And are you the type of person who could go to someone that is on the verge of bankruptcy and say "have I got a deal for you"? I'm not sure I could do it. There's a fine line between helping them out of getting forclosed and making a profit off them. Well you are doing both really, if done correctly.

3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

He's sending out emails with free seats to Cherie Barber's thing now.
    Free to go, bet it's more than $5,000 to sign up.

4. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

Yeah the Stuart Zadel thing is worthwhile as you get the free books and CD's and you do learn a little from each speaker but don't bring your credit card.

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Something like that - I only went to the free one. Didn't learn anything new but prompted the brain to re-remember the basics.

I found the freebie worthwhile

6. CU@THETOP

CU@THETOP Well-Known Member

Not sure where they get the mortgagee sale database but try this for size; go to the Supreme Court online court listings and look up say CBA as a party. That will list the names of the Defendants. Do a property search with RP data to find the property they own and then make an offer!
    That was some guru info I just gave you so please pay my paetreon account/ fundraiser $100.00.

7. DrunkSailor

DrunkSailor Well-Known Member

Old thread but very informative. I'm expecting a ton of mortgagee possessions to hit the apartment market next year due to the market downturn we're experiencing now. Will be able to get an unrenovated apartment for 180k by late 2018. Especially inner west suburbs where the oversupply is extreme.

8. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

in what city or country town ?