Pull the pin now or wait?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Lacrim, 1st Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Kinda blunt but instead of posting on a forum for some random ideas you may want real advice to formulate a plan....it wont be free.

I didnt see the word super in your question. I assume you will pay excessive tax as a consequence. ...tax rate is 0 to 15%. Cant be ignored

Lacrim likes this.
  2. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Oh BTW Accountants can give financial advice ! Why on earth would you use one that cant, that would be rather pointless. Some financial advice they don't need a licence for, some they need authorisation from an AFS licence holder. If they hold an AFS licence they can give financial advice. Who is better qualified to give impartial advice ? A salesman ?

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Only AFSL holders can give financial advice - or authorised reps.
    Some accountants are licenced - but not that many.

4. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Hey Congrats,

You are in a great situation.

I always err on the side of keeping as many properties as you can. The money you can make out of compounding will be dazzling just by holding on.

I think option 3, which is deleverage-light. You are young, so work for another couple of years and chip away at your debt. Then hang on to as many properties as possible. If you do the maths and assume that property will resume its growth patter in the next year or two, it makes a lot of sense to hold on.

Don't be spooked by this correction. It is not going to be the crash that people are fearing.

Enjoy and well done.

Jack Chen and Lacrim like this.