Public liability for vacant land

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Rose89, 10th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Rose89

Rose89 Well-Known Member

Is it a good idea to have public liability for vacant land. Do I only need this up until the build starts? I didn’t even think about it to the solicitor mentioned it.

thanks!

2. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

I did - I don’t think it cost much at all. I did have people parking their cars and walking through my block and was worried someone would injure themselves (while trespassing I might add) and I’d get blamed. Worth it just for peace of mind. I think once the build starts it is covered by the builders insurance? I think? Best to check.

3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

A few bear trap warning signs on the property should deter some trespassers.

4. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

We took vacant land public liability insurance with landover.com.au while our land was vacant before we built. Not expensive $200-300 per year for peace of mind

Westminster and wylie like this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.