QLD proximity to Brisbane CBD

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Chip and chase, 15th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Try and develop stronger ties with recruiters.. BNE is dominated by recruitment agencies. You will have to convince recruiters you are very committed to making the move.

2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm going for a drive to Birkdale tomorrow. Might have to reopen my plans :)

Gockie likes this.
  3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

yeah, and the converse is also generally true- in bust cycles, the inner city stuff may go down, but will not be as bad as something way out.

Tekoz likes this.
  4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

You are smart enough to start submitting CV's. Off you go then...

5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That's an impressive resume Gockie, you should have no problem finding somewhere, especially when the jobs pick up a bit.
    As @JDP1 said, probably a good idea to sign up with some of the recruitment agencies, probably the easiest way to get work in government too. Even if they're not currently hiring permanently, the work still needs to get done.

6. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@RPI it seems that Park Ridge is now started to become a good place to invest in QLD :cool:, look at number 9 in QLD Fastest Growing Suburbs.

Source:http://www.whichinvestmentproperty.com.au/best-suburbs/fastest-growing-suburbs
    Accessed 22/09/2015.

I'm open to any suggestion and comments.

7. Befuddled

Befuddled Well-Known Member

Tiny sample size based on number of sales.

Takes 1 development in the suburb selling a handful of house and land packages for 700k to get this supposed "growth" in the suburb. I suggest you look up the definition of "median"

8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hmm, when I click on it, it says:
    Median Quarterly -0.47%

Interesting to see Lamb Island at #3:
    Median Quarterly 25.34%

9. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Befuddled so does that means the data in the top 10 list above is skewed due to one new estate set new high price ?

10. Befuddled

Befuddled Well-Known Member

Yes. I think most of those suburbs on the list fall under that category

11. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Far out ... :eek: I always check the top 10 list of suburbs from various different website. Because so far based on my understanding and observation in Sydney, when the suburbs got new estate open for H&L package development, it is bound to skyrocket in terms of price and profitability.

For example Schofields in Sydney NSW, has become number 1 suburb with the fastest growth in Sydney (+43%) since January this year.

Hence while Park Ridge is still in number 9, might as well inform the good news for investors here to share the information.

12. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Be aware that a new suburb or new release in a suburb can cause a 'fastest growing' tag. It's like going from $0 (or land value) to a house sale price. Of course that's an increase, but there still could be over supply.

Tekoz likes this.
  13. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Hm.. you could be right mate, another suburb that I spotted from the list is Austral NSW 2179
    http://www.whichinvestmentproperty.com.au/best-suburbs/highest-growth-suburb --> Top #1

It's a far cry out in the middle of nowhere, but yet... it has skyrocketted in the past 3 years.

14. tremolo

tremolo Member

If you've got experience in a fast paced, high volume ecommerce business and a love for sport PM me your CV mate, I need analysts.

Regards,
    Another Bayside local

Gockie likes this.
  15. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Not really experience in fast paced high volume ecommerce but I've got 6 years at Amex, 1 year at CBA, 4 years NRMA, 2 or 3 years of managing volleyball comps (and volleyball referreeing) and 10 years doing casual/PT work at Big W?

Last edited: 22nd Sep, 2015
  16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I guess that will sort your issue with texting on your smart phone with your better half? ;):p

Will you be leaving him in Sidney...???:oops::D

17. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

To be honest I could... I've been living in my Airbnbs since Thursday (doing various maintenance work) and I'm doing the Bali and Phuket holiday by myself (he says Asia is not really his thing)... I did a 4 week Asia holiday by myself 2 years ago before and I had a ball.
    Plus when he was working in Canberra for about 6 months I really enjoyed having the weeks to myself. Waking and living based on my own schedule.

Yes now everybody is going to start giving me advice I bet.....

KayTea and Toon like this.
  18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

No advice from me Awkie.....:p:D

19. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Maybe just step back and read what you post,it does not take much clarity to read between the lines,or start to become a good listener ..this is not advice just the way one reads..

Tekoz likes this.
  20. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

Austral is very close to the new airport and the rural land got rezoned to mostly r2 and some r3 in 2013, i see no problem to why it wouldn't be one of the fastest growing suburbs.

Tekoz likes this.