Prospecting

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Heyman_526, 16th Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Heyman_526

Heyman_526 Well-Known Member

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen I was wondering if I can get some help please? I have a question regarding prospecting and sales that may sound silly. But I'm trying to work it out.

If a real estate agent works at a real estate agency that is in a country town and they want to also prospect and sell properties in a city whilst working for the country agency can they do that?

I apologize this question seems silly but I have been trying to work it out and I can't so here I am.

Thank you very much for your time.

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

I guess the question should be “would someone want to list a city property with a country RE agent”?

3. Heyman_526

That is true it works both ways though country agents know country locations and city agents the same for the city locations but in saying that if an agent is networking for people to sell for or sell to in theory the process is similar, everyone has different criterias for what they are after though and different agents can provide different services or give particular knowledge and insight in to different situations. I believe that the client can choose who they want to represent them regardless of where they are from. But that's just my opinion thank you very much for your insight.

4. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

What is your experience with buying or selling property or working as an agent that led to your beliefs?

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Is it a requirement that the agent seeking to get listings in the city hold a full licence or are they prospecting for the licensee?

6. Heyman_526

Experience none at the moment but I am in the education stages there is not much to back my beliefs at the moment just my opinion from a clients perspective, if i was a client and I was looking at buying i guess it would depend on what I wanted that may sway my decision as to which agent I'd choose.

Thank you for your insight.

7. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

How many of the ‘insights’ you are getting have turned into money for you?

instead of these unsubstantiated random thoughts that dont go anywhere, maybe just post your financial situation, read the books in the booklist and get an investment plan together?

Last edited: 18th Jun, 2022