Health & Family PropertyChat "Biggest Loser" Challenge

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 5th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good on you Bran.
    That's a good thing to focus on. A lot of people look at it like hard work and dread doing it.
    Of course it's easier if you're having fun.

Bran likes this.
  2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good on you Kinnon.
    You Queenslanders with the nice weather have less of an excuse than the people down South too ;)

3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

This should have been my number 7, staying in shape for the spouse. I think this is important too. :)

MTR likes this.
  4. Mooze

Mooze Well-Known Member

In. Will update why/bio later.
    Opening - 74.2kg. Height 168cm. Female.

Redwing, WattleIdo and 158 like this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Absolutely, just had a pool installed for summer, that is a huge motivation as well:)

EN710 likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You've grown 1cm?

7. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Officially weighed in this morning at:
    80.1kg - 183cm.
    40 year old male.

Currently double digit body fat levels.
    Goal is visible veins on abs with increased speed & strength from current levels.
    Want veins all over actually, I want to be very vascular at rest.

Last edited: 6th Jun, 2016
    Redwing and 158 like this.
  8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I will give it s go also..
    age 60
    height 182 cm
    weight 92 kilos
    Male..
    I was over 100 kilos a few years back the wake up call came when one the dogs had a fit,and while trying to settle her down the dog bit my hand arm several times,went up the hospital to get the hands stiched up and the nurse did a blood sugar test and it was 13.5,took about six months got down to 81 kilos,and they way i did that was have the meal times one hour early and one hour late..

Redwing, WattleIdo and MTR like this.
  9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

@willair what do you mean "have the meal times one hour early and one hour late"?

10. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Wylie,once i knew i was pre type 1 diabetes i started reading on different ways to fix the problem,read about one person who did test on people sugar levels that they found that by changes in meal times it makes the body work harder to burn the sugar and fat,plus the 2 Gentlemen Doctors next door gave me a book on fasting for 24 hours periods that also made the fat and sugar level drop quickly,i'm no Doctor but walking fasting and the weight just falls off..imho..

MTR likes this.
  11. Player

Player Well-Known Member

@pinkboy

Great initiative you've taken here to inspire and motivate people to change from gunna's to doer's or at least ramp up their current efforts. Having feedback with your tabulating their progress should give more motivation to stick the course.

@Bran wow and big kudos for your candid sharing here and same with @Kinnon Bell ; @WattleIdo ; @wylie and others.

I am the wrong side of 50 and at 183 cm and currently 72.5 kg cannot join the race as I have nothing to lose........probably more to gain (to be honest) :p however I cannot do weight training due to some musculoskeletal issues. I keep toned using body weight exercises and elastic bands to perform a routine that suits me.

I can't run any more however walk ................... a lot; and, do a lot of core stability work mostly using a swiss ball. In the warmer weather I swim a lot from November to March/April. This helps condition and strengthen my arms and chest/upper torso.

Will follow this thread with great interest. I look forward to the encouraging stories and progress notes of those doing the challenge.

Whilst this is a property forum and related to money making pursuits, it is timely to remind ourselves that "health is the first wealth."

If you don't have your health, you've got nothing. :cool:

WattleIdo, MTR, Bran and 2 others like this.
  12. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

186cm
    79kg

Don't feel i really need to shift my weight too much, just drop a little fat and gain a little muscle. Haven't been training much due to injuries which I'm just getting past. Starting light cardio and upper body weights but no intervals, dead lifts or squats for awhile yet.

I've wanted to do an Ironman for a while, did a half and have had injuries coming and going since.

Anyway I'll be following along for some motivation if not the specific weight loss theme.

Redwing, WattleIdo and Bran like this.
  13. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Hubby played footy in the park with another over 50 yesterday and aggravated an old knee injury. He is hobbling like an old man. We wandered up to the chemist to buy him a knee brace and he bought a packet of Darryl Lea choc coated peanuts.

Whilst walking home, I ate ten. When I got home I added them to my tally and... unbelievably... the calories in those ten tiny little choc peanuts equals the calorie content of two bananas.

Before I was recording everything (most days anyway) I would have ignored those ten choc peanuts. No wonder people who don't take notice of what they are snacking on get into trouble. I struggle keeping this weight even with recording what I eat.

MTR and Bran like this.
  14. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Funny! You didn't want those bananas anyway.

I've been starving alllll day. Weight this morning, protein shake, two eggs and avo for breakfast, then some chicken strips/salad/can of tuna for lunch. Got free sandwiches late lunch so ate them ditching 2/3 of the bread. This is a battle - I get home starving, and eat three dinners.

I'm not depriving myself of life, just making the right choice 90% of the time. I'm still going to have a small piece of cheesecake for dessert.

MTR likes this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

willlair
    have you read Dr Michael Mosley latest book, blood sugar diet, this may be of interest?

willair likes this.
  16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

wylie
    around 18 almonds 100 calories, not too bad for a snack

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Do you go out for dinner/restuarants? That's the killer for us, and then add a bottle of wine, tough to give up this social life

18. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm in Pinkboy, just have to weigh myself now

Hodor, WattleIdo and 158 like this.
  19. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Yes. A fair bit. And a wedding this weekend. I'm not giving up life!

wylie likes this.
  20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am with you on this one, it comes back to balance, but I guess this is really what life is about.
    Same as investors wanting to become rich yet not living in the moment, ok that's enough from me, that's another thread