Health & Family PropertyChat "Biggest Loser" Challenge

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 5th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. devank

devank Well-Known Member

I'm 181 cm & 75.8 Kg. I don't think I'll have a chance in winning this comp.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Great run down @Bran

MTR likes this.
  3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

In Feb this year I started on a serious change to my health and fitness. I am 37, 184cm tall and was 84kg.... which was mostly mid 30's flab that had come on from working and poor diet.

After 3-4 weeks and diet/exercise changes I shed 11kg to 73kg. I am now back to 76kg but that is from lean muscle gain from exercise and getting back into swimming which I did a lot of as in my teens.

I wont win as I have already lost what I wanted.,.. all the best to those who do though :D

Redwing, WattleIdo, MTR and 1 other person like this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

This is a great thread, looking forward to see how it evolves, and how many take up the challenge

@Bran you are a brave person, good on you for sharing

Bran likes this.
  5. Rclank1422

Rclank1422 Member

Hey all, if you're looking for a extremely easy way to track your macros (fats, proteins, carbs, sodium, fibre etc.), get the app called "myfitnesspal". All you need to do is scan the barcode of whatever you're eating and it'll put it into a diary for you and show you how much you've had for the day in terms of calories and macros. There's recipes on there too.

Also, if you really want to track everything accurately, you can get a food scale from kmart or anywhere for around $15. That way you can measure exact serving sizes.

If you work a lot and don't have much time to cook at home, you can also order food from food delivering services. Right now, I use lite n' easy and they're extremely good, there's a wide range of food to choose from (the butter chicken dinner is something to die for) and all I have to do is warm it up in a microwave. I pay $139 a week (it might be a bit expensive, but I wouldn't trade my health for all the money in the world) I feel it's worth it for me right now as I work 12 hour days, currently it's easier for me. Rather than to head to woolies, pick up meat and veggies and bring it home and cook it myself, plus I loathe doing the dishes afterwards.

When I was cutting weight, I had really bad self esteem and confidence so I under-ate and as a result was malnutritioned. Just remember, it's healthy EATING, not NO EATING. Hope this helps someone, good luck everyone.

Joynz, Westminster, MTR and 2 others like this.
  6. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Wow. 3-4 weeks!!! Can you share your changes? How are you going to keep it sustainable?

7. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I'm about (because I don't have scales) 62-63 height 165.

Why: I think it's fun so i'll be spectator while keeping myself active :) I don't think I will win this but when I was 16-17 my weight was about 52 and people commenting how I looked like a skeleton, so as target I think 58kg would be nice

WattleIdo and 158 like this.
  8. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Ok I'm going to join but this is very scary for me.

Height: 158cm
    Weight: around 77 (too depressed to weigh myself but I'll buy batteries and do that tomorrow)
    Why: besides the obvious that I'm obese? When I was working full time I definitely struggled with my weight but I had it somewhat under control (mid to high 60s) with the onsite gym then I tore the labrum in my hip which stopped running and I haven't had it repaired and it's been 2yrs of procrastinating about not fixing it and not exercising.
    So I need a kick up the bum and this might just be it. I don't eat terribly, in fact I probably don't eat enough, but my metabolism has been wrecked, my lack of exercise a big player and my procrastination high.
    I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which gives me terrible risks for heart attacks, strokes, diabetes blah blah. I also have sleep apnea and chronic bitchitus.

Last edited: 5th Jun, 2016
    ellejay, Sackie, Redwing and 7 others like this.
  9. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Stop the wine.. you'll be fine.

Redwing and Westminster like this.
  10. jim1964

jim1964 1941

I will have a go.
    Age 52
    Weight 129.8K
    Height 200cm
    Male

Up until 4 years ago i weighed in at around 100k,then i gave up smoking and here we are,lounge lizard,fried chicken eating slob.

Last edited: 5th Jun, 2016
  11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

One of those big buckets of protein?

12. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Tall!
    What's the plan?

13. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I've been recording my food using the FatSecret website with matching phone App. There is also a good site called The Lose Weight Diet. Completely free (both of them) and I find them very user friendly.

14. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I'm not here to win, just here for the motivation / encouragement. Hopefully the below will encourage others.

I've been recording my weight on an almost daily basis since the end of 2007. Went off the rails in mid 2008. Got back on the rails and then lost 30kg in 2 years. Treadmill, then cycled 4000km in 12 months (2010) and also took up hiking (2010). Back down to my lowest weight again. Now trying to drop another 9-10kg. Actual goal is 79.5kg for a total loss of 50kg.

Easily added 10+ years to my life.

image.jpeg

mrdobalina, spludgey, Redwing and 5 others like this.
  15. jim1964

jim1964 1941

This is like the chaser game..........................20kg

Bran likes this.
  16. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

It would be good to know who is male and who is female.

jim1964 and MTR like this.
  17. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Changes in diet: Cut out alcohol (except for special occasions), most sugar, lite milk, no cheese, lean cuts of meat with salad instead of rubbish food, whole grains, cereals and fruit.

Changes in exercise: Got a new bike and started cycling (great fat burner), got back in the pool, higher heart rate jogging rather than walking with dogs.

I dont need to lose any more weight, I shed most of the fat that I had accumulated (was like a bit thinner version of you in your now state). My aim is to get back to about 80kg but in lean muscle. Like you I was a big swimmer in my younger years and this is my aim.

Bran and Redwing like this.
  18. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Wow, you're 7ft tall !
    At least at that height, you can carry that weight much more easily than a short person.

19. jim1964

jim1964 1941

sorry, 200 cm, or 6 foot 7

ellejay and Bran like this.
  20. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

This makes things so much easier.
    We just started using a prepared meals service, not frozen either - YouFoodz.
    Pretty good so far and taste really good.